Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stitches East






I went to Stitches East on Friday after school. I only went for the marketplace, as they really didn't have crochet classes. It was a great marketplace! I went with the intention of buying from small farms or indie dyers. It was chuck full of great stuff. I ran into Kathy Merrick, whom I had met at Creative Fibers when she gave a talk. She raved about a booth called String Theory. I eventually found them and loved their yarn!!!!! I bought 8 skeins. They are the six together and then the purple and red ones. I adore the purple one. It's called Black Tulip and is 50% silk/50% merino. It is so silky! I also visited Dianne from Creative Fibers and bought 4 more skeins from her. She has some lovely colors. So i now have 7 of her yarns, because I bought 3 at Rhinebeck. I have finished my fingerless gloves and will post a pic of those later... I also bought some alpaca from a farm in Virginia. The first skein was a bit pricey, but I loved the champagne color. I also got a free scarf pattern to go with it...Unfortuntely pictures were not allowed, so I took pics of my stash and the brochure book. So October for the next 2 years will be amazing! Since Stitches is here until 2011 and Rhinebeck happens every year. What a great month to fiber shop!

No comments: