Friday, June 25, 2010

Yarn Diet

I was on a yarn diet, I gave it up...I'm not so much a crocheter, as I am a yarn hoarder..Yes, I hoard yarn...I watch that A&E tv show called "Hoarders" or the other one "Buried Alive: Hoarding" and I think - that could be me!

As a teacher, I naturally tend toward hoarding, we were told this year to streamline and declutter, as we are going to have large class sizes next year. I'm also moving to a room with no storage...I packed up more than 20 boxes and they are in my storage bin now....I will probably bring more up when I unpack in my new room in August..

I also have more than 25 crates of yarn in storage and a ton of it sitting behind me right now in the computer/yarn/extra room...

Yesterday I bought this at WEBS:

That is: 5 skeins Claudia Handpainted (2 for the blog prize)
10 skeins Debbie Bliss cashmerino chunky (been looking for this color)
2 skeins of Misti Alpaca Handpainted DK weight (I have 4 skeins of the super chunky in this color)
2 skeins Misti Alpaca worsted (cuz I liked the colors)
1 skein Rowan Calmer (I have a lone skein and bought another to make a hat)
1 Schoppelwolle ball in cranberries (bought another last week, they only had 1 and I wanted 2)
1 skein Madelinetosh tosh sock in lichen (cuz oh so pretty!)
1 skein Spud and Chloe sock (cuz I've wanted to use this yarn)

I took my yarn diet tag down from the side of this blog, cuz I am pathetic and it is summer and I will be visiting LYS's. The HUBS doesn't comment about my yarn, we are also overrun with his cd's (but in full disclosure, he did own a store of them). We both buy tons of books, too.

So this is my vice...It makes me happy...I don't drink, smoke, or gamble...so I guess, except for my pocketbook, noone gets hurt...

Now to spend the day logging it on Ravelry (I already have over 700 yarns logged on there)

5 comments:

Judy said...

What beautiful yarn!!!!

lori said...

that's what I'm saying too! I don't smoke, drink, kill people, lie (well, a little bit if it will only save someone's feelings), or cheat. So what if I like a little yarn now and then. We hoarders have to stick together on this one.

Unknown said...

I agree with you, you could be hooked on worst than yarn. That is the same thing I tell my husband!! lol

pip said...

Blimey!! 25 CRATES!! that really IS a stash... I'm impressed ;) you could always open a hobby shop and call it stock;)

Shelby said...

Oh yummy! Such gorgeous yarns.