Sunday, September 26, 2010

Caking and Stashing

Yesterday I caked my first four skeins...
The one on the left is the wonderful Malabrigo I won last month. It is absolutely squishy!!!! The other three are the silk and cashmere blend I bought at School Products on my NYC trip.....I love the colors....

I used my Boyd electric winder for the first time. It has just been sitting around the house...I have used my swift before, but never with the winder....

I also stashed some of the last yarn I bought this summer over on Ravelry. I am TammyG on Ravelry....

Today I stashed some yarn I bought a couple years ago from a friend who had bought out stock from a closing store...It's just been sitting in the yarn room...There was some good stuff in there...excuse the dark picture and floor in need of vacuuming..
I also decided to clean the side of my bed, where I found a couple of projects that were almost done....

The hat is a free pattern from Tahki Stacy Charles...It is made with N.Y. Yarns. I thought I had to get the yarn from NY, which I bought at String. I bought it YEARS ago and stopped and started it several times. I finally finished it a couple months ago, but never put on the buttons. I bought these this summer and I think they go well.
The other project I worked on was mittens to match the set I made my niece last year. They were WAY too big. I finished one, but it is funny looking. She'll not care, so I have to finish the other one....
Gratutious cute pic of niece in the set I made her...

1 comment:

pip said...

... look at all that lovely yarn :) and what a cute hat!