Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Goshen Fair

Yesterday I spent the day with two of my most "favoritest" people..my niece Allison and nephew Kyle. My other nephew, Christian wasn't able to join us...Allison is my "winggirl" We like to shop and even though she doesn't crochet or knit, whenever we go to someplace with yarn, I end up buying yarn to make her something..Kyle is my godson and a joy even at 15. He was rocking out to the Momma Mia soundtrack with his sister and I. (He likes all kinds of music) Kyle also said the sweetest thing to me two years ago. I was picking them up to go somewhere and I said, "Kyle, you're getting so big, you're not going to want to spend time with me anymore." and he said, "Aunt Tammy, I'll always have time to spend with you." Almost made me cry.

I was planning on vegging yesterday, as I was exhausted. But the HUBS reminded me that The Goshen Fair was on. It's not officially fall until you hit a fair. I usually go to the Goshen Fair every year..I had a brain fart this year and got lost for a bit, but we made it there...Can only blame it on my sheer exhaustion...

We hit food first as we were all starving, then we shopped, petted some sheep, shopped some more, saw the chickens, shopped a bit more (with Kyle getting some "bling") and watched a lumberjack demonstration, shopped a bit more and headed home...I got yarn, Allison got some finger puppets and I bought her a penguin needlefelting kit. I've been wanting to try this and have some kits of my own (thought I had a book too, but can't locate it...hmmm) Kyle got some fun sunglasses and Boston bling....it was a great day....just gonna post the pictures...




No comments: