Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Finish and Additions to the Stash

DSC03195

This is my Games Ghan.  I started it last February for the Ravelympics.  I finished it yesterday.  It is made of Caron One Pound in Cream and Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in Cranapple.  It is very heavy and almost covers our queen size bed.  It’s a little short.  I love it and am glad that it is done!  It’ll be great to snuggle under while watching tv.

And the stash…here are the latest additions…

DSC03201I had the green Mission Falls 1824, but bought the beigy (it’s name is curry) and the plumy (Damsen) as I want to make a hat.  It’s going to be mostly the green (Basil), but I wanted to add accents.  Not sure of the pattern yet, may make it up as I go.  So bummed that Mission Falls is out of business now.  I love their wool! I bought it at my local shop

DSC03197I did some online shopping at The Loopy Ewe and came away with some Lorna’s Laces.  I adored working with the Shepard Worsted in Zombie BBQ, so wanted to try it again. The Hubs picked this one, it’s called Amish.  I also wanted to try something else so I got some Lorna’s Laces Shepard Sock in Butterscotch.  Look at that color!  Luscious! I also joined the Loopy Yarn Club.  I’m trying out some clubs this year.

DSC03198

I also received my latest blog win!  Yeah Me!  It’s Claudia Hand Painted Lace in Pistachio.  I won it from here..

DSC03199It looks like sherbet!

Today we are going out and about, not sure where we will end up…might have more purchases by the time I get home!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Great job on the games ghan!

Slicer said...

Great blanket!!