Friday, April 15, 2011

Play Ball! Or Just Eat!

DSC03656

I spent today here…with lots of kids….the minor league team in the town where I teach gives free tickets on one day for grades 3-8.  They are the grades that have to take The Connecticut Mastery Test (CMT). 

This year it was the Friday before Spring Break…and I am so ready for Spring Break…

Mostly the kids don’t watch the game, but go up and down going to the bathroom, visiting, getting food.  We used to have a no getting concession food rule, but the Superintendent said we had to let them, because the park was losing money giving us the tickets and we weren’t spending any money…So now I let my kids go once, but many other teachers just let them go and go….lots of wandering kids….

But all in all it is a fun day…we ended up in the shade this year and it was cold…brrr….luckily I had on some hand crochet (doesn’t sound as nice as handknit, not the same ring, but there you have it!)

And I’m ready for my nine days off!  I even managed to get most of my lesson planning done at school!  So didn’t bring any of that home, but will have to do some correcting…

4 comments:

sara said...

Our Spring Break is always in mid-March...and I always feel like it's too early. I wish ours was later.

Tracey said...

Now that would be a lot of wandering kids ... bring on that Break!! :D

I hope you enjoy your nine days off ... I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time doing whatever you get up to! :D

Keri said...

Being a teacher as well, I know how much you need that break! Enjoy every minute of it.

lori said...

enjoy the hell out of your well-deserved spring break, tammy! i hope you do a whole lot of nothing but resting and crocheting and knitting. and a little stash-enhancing if i know you. :)