Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

 I just returned from our Christmas Eve service.  I have not attended in many years.  I have been to church; to baptisms, weddings and funerals, but I haven't been to a service in my church in a very long time.

I'm not a big one on "organized" religion, it's more of a personal relationship for me.  But it is a good feeling to attend a church service and I've been thinking about it for awhile...I think I may start going back, at least once in awhile...

These were taken around 10:30 at night
Methodist church down the street (sorry it's blurry - took hurridly from car)

My church..I also went to school there from 5th-8th grade...that's the church office/school building on the right. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photographs of the Christmas lights are beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas and we'll catch up again in the New Year. Belinda xx

Unknown said...

I went to our Christmas Eve Mass here and got so much out of reflecting on the blessings in my life. I hope you find solace in returning to a weekly time for the solitude and company the service and congregation offer. Merry Christmas!