Monday, January 2, 2012

Surmount The Stash

So I decided to join this group this year…

sts

Now I don’t have an issue with having  a large stash…and the Hubs doesn’t either…He calls it my “Retirement Fund”  But since I’m at least 20 years away from retiring and I know I’ll keep adding, I need to try shopping from the stash…

So my goal this year is to “shop from the stash”  I am not stopping myself from buying, just trying to buy more judiciously…

I belong to two yarn clubs and will continue to receive those shipments….but I’m going to try holding off on other buying until April for the Connecticut Sheep and Wool….we’ll see how it goes…

I’ve already shopped from the stash quite a bit this weekend!

But these are also my latest stash acquisitions…

DSC01549 Won online, it’s Cakewalk Yarns in Rhinebeck…I’ll be making something for Rhinebeck from this…DSC01550 Won online, it’s from Kitchen Sink Dye Works, which has since closed…

DSC01567 And the yarn for the sock kit I ordered from Schmutzerella Yarns for “Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?”  These all came in last week….

3 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

I've also joined Surmount the Stash and have the same goal as you - to shop the stash and be more careful when adding to it to make sure that I'm adding yarn that's really truly what I want to shop from in the future!

Delusional Knitter said...

So glad you joined. Beautiful stash you've got there!

Keri said...

Do you have your stash in Ravelry. It took me almost 3 days to get mine in, but it's made a huge difference and now I can "shop" with ease. It really does help. Good luck