Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Little History, A Little Yarn

Today I headed to Concord, Mass.  I was going to visit Orchard House, the home where Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women.  Little Omen is one of my all-time favorite books.  I also really enjoyed Eight Cousins.  I did read all of her children's books.

I met an online friend, Aimless.  We had such a great day!  No pictures were allowed in the house, but I took some outside...it was raining when I arrived, but cleared up while we took the tour.


After the tour, we headed to Old North Bridge, where "the shot heard round the world" happened.  It was the beginning of The Revolutionary War.  I had never been there, they created a very nice park.


There have been seven bridges, it is not the original bridge. 


 We walked across and up the hill.  That hill is where the Redcoats marched down.  As we walked up the path, there was an injured red-tailed hawk that flew into the meadow..






Top of the hill/meadow

Then we went yarn shopping...more on that later...


3 comments:

Gloria said...

It's great to see the Orchard House is preserved; tfs the link, too. Old North Bridge looks peaceful and lovely.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing this visit.
We were able to visit Anne of Green Gables 'home' a few years ago. It too, was delightful.

Unknown said...

When ever I visit Concord..I can feel the history of the place surround me..Pretty amazing area...