Monday, October 22, 2012

Greater Boston Yarn Crawl

A couple weeks ago, my friend Laura asked me if I'd be interested in doing The Greater Boston Yarn Crawl....well of course I said yes...Bonus I was gonna stay over at her house and get to play with her girls....we made hats out of pipecleaners and colored pictures:


So Laura and I headed out on Sunday...we ended up going first to a store both of us had been to before....The Woolpack in Acton.
I only picked up Kristin Nicholas book and some square DPN's.

Then we moved on to Island Yarn in Waltham.  Where we were serenaded by Wren Ross.  Her songs were hysterical!
I bought some store yarn, Stellar, in Sunburst.
Then we went to another store, browsed for a minute and left...Laura calls is The Hoarders store....it was a bit disorganized, and kinda full....but I did win a door prize from them....

After a bite of lunch, we headed to The Black Sheep in Needham.  This was a great store!  I spent most of my money here....they were just so open and fun.
This is a hammock hanging above the store.  It is made out of someone's thesis (I think) paper.  She shredded the paper, tied it together to make yarn and knitted this hammock...It was pretty cool!

I bought my first Swan's Island here and some Manos Silk Blend for a pair of fingerless gloves that were on display.
Then we headed to Putting on the Knitz in West Newton.  This was a teeny store, but packed full of mostly Noro..and the owners were the sweetest couple...Just lovely....Of course I got some Noro, but the tag fell off, so not sure what kind it is..and I bought the Noro magazine and she gave me a free Noro book of patterns!
We headed to Iron Horse in Natick.   This store had yarn and then some other things...I also won a doorprize from them.  I bought some of the store yarn..in a lovely green...I want to make this..
There's a shawl on top, that you can't see...the other yarn was a club yarn, so she won't release it until the new year....She sold some other goodies...


The last store we stopped at, The Fiber Loft in Harvard, I didn't take any pictures, but I did find the two things I was looking for...the Kristin Nicholas CEY pattern books and some Mirasol Akapaka....


I also bought some assorted magazines throughout the day...

All in all a great day spent with a fabulous friend!  And on the way home..a double rainbow!

Sorry, you can't really see the double part..and I was driving through Worcester, not the safest place to take a picture....



3 comments:

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

ooh such beautiful yarn, i love it all!!! I wish I lived someplace with lots of yarn stores!!! have a great day x

Evelyn said...

Now that's what I call a successful crawl!

KnitAddict said...

Lovely yarns! I love the thesis hammock. I'll have to suggest that to a friend of mine doing her Ph.D.