Thursday, October 18, 2012

Purchases at Stitches East

So I still can't craft...so here are some goodies I bought (took pictures with grey skies out, sorry if too dark)

Johnny's Socks - these were designed and packaged to raise money for heart disease research.  My family has a lot of heart disease, so I knew I wanted to support this effort.  The entire proceeds are donated.  In the package is a Schoppelwolle skein in Johnny's Red, a stitch marker and the pattern.  

Exclusive Malabrigo color by Stephen West, called Oeste.  I might actually make Oeste with it.

 I stood across from them for two days looking at their beautiful yarn.  So had to get some of the new Watershed by Harrisville Designs. This is Mallard.

Jimmy Beans' Wool was there, so I snagged the exclusive August colorway of Lorna's Laces in Runs With Horses.  It's their Shepherd Worsted, so squishy!

We saw a Stephen West, Rockfeller, hanging in a booth and had to make it...I don't know when I will, but these are the colors I chose....and oh yeah, after I dragged Maureen over there, she bought yarn too and is making it... A new to me yarn dyer, Wandering Wool, her colors were just yummy!

 Another Lorna's Laces exclusive, Blue State, on Solemate...just had to...

 And OMG!  Aren't these colors all full of awesome!  New to me, Dragonfly Fibers....gorgeous! 

And this is the perfect size bag for a sock project!  Loved the colors...by erin lane

So I bought a mix of new and old...and now that I can't craft, I want to so badly!  Even typing this blog post was too much...pain meds are my friend!

5 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Erin Lane makes some of the best bags. I have her interchangeable needle case (for my Knit Picks Interchangeables)...love it!

Kate said...

Great haul!

Paula said...

Considering you were at Stitches East, that's a very restrained haul! Hope you're able to pick up the needles again soon.

Joelle said...

Thanks for stopping by the Wandering Wool booth! I hope you enjoy the Rockefeller and it looks like you came home with lots of other goodies too!

Suburban prep said...

Oh my you got quite the haul from Stitches.
When Stitches came to Chicago in August, I spent money but I know there was more I could have spent because there were some yarns there that I had not seen before. Perhaps next year.