Friday, October 5, 2012

Tigger

My mom has made the difficult decision to put her cat Tigger to sleep.  Tigger is about 18 years old.  He was my cat first.  We had to give him to my Mom when the landlord told us we couldn't keep him.  (It was selfish on his part.  They lived upstairs and had kids and he didn't want pets and didn't want his kids to ask for pets)

So Tigger went to live with my Mom and step-dad Bill.  He helped my Mom through Bill's death and is her last tenable hold to Bill.

But he is old, and incontinent, almost blind, and there are several other medical issues.  They also recently moved and Tigger is not happy in the new house.  She was very torn and I asked her if his quality of life was still good?  After thinking about it, she had to say no, not any longer.

I will miss him..and enjoyed visiting him on our recent trip to Florida.  The appointment isn't until the end of the month, so she still has some time with him.


1 comment:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger, it is always so sad when we have to part
with such loving devoted pets.