Saturday, November 3, 2012

Word Verification - We Are Not Robots!



I hate word verification!  Please check your blog and consider removing word verification if you have it....especially for those of us who also monitor our comments...you don't need it...

And Blogger has a good spam filter and it has gotten better, and they don't even recommend word verification any longer.....I have left blogs without commenting over frustration with word verification....please, please consider turning it off!

Please check out some other posts on this, here, here and here.  If you're not sure how to turn it off, go here

I am off to pet some yarnz.....

4 comments:

Kathryn Vercillo said...

I absolutely agree with you. Word verification is annoying and although it's gotten better on Blogger it's still irksome. I don't use Blogger so it's good to know that their spam filter has improved.

I use Livefyre which gives people a variety of options for signing in (Twitter, etc.) to prevent spam on Wordpress without requiring constant word verification. It's not perfect but I think it offers a good balance between word verification and spam problems.

Rachelle said...

I turned mine off for a while, but got 4 comments in one day that weren't anonymous, but were definitely spam all the same, so I turned it back on.

Renee Anne said...

The post you linked to for turning it off has the old way of doing it (because it's almost a year old post)...it can still be done. Perhaps I'll do a tutorial of it if I ever learn how to do screen shots.

I didn't even realize mine was on.

juicyknits said...

I so agree.