Monday, February 25, 2013

Business Casual Sock 1

Ta-Da!!!!!!!!
This has been a struggle for me, for being such a seemingly simple pattern.  I am not an intuitive knitter and have trouble "reading" my knitting....I can tell when something is wrong, but not what is wrong...

Once I finally figured out the pattern and got going...it was great...I flew through it....the heel flap and gusset no problem (but did remind myself how to pick up and knit stitches with a video)..but man did I have problems on the foot!!!!  I think I was so excited to be so close that I rushed it and worked on it for too many hours straight...

I kept twisting the stitches wrong and dropping stitches..it was a mess....finally 11:00 at night I put it away...I picked it up Sunday morning, fixed what I could and moved on...yeah I can see mistakes...and somehow I lost two stitches...I couldn't find them dropped anywhere.....but it is done and I am happy with it..and I already cast on for the second one...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Its looking great, well done on getting it complete

FiberJewels said...

If you are doing the traveling stitches without a cable needle it is easy to "loose: a stitch where the traveling stitches meet, or at least that is what I've found.

I am knitting two-at-a-time toe up, and began working on the heel flap last night!!! yippee!

Your sock is looking great!

Evelyn said...

Ahh, you're a more persistent knitter than me. I, too, cast on this pattern and had to frog my first sock three times. I'm not sure why this pattern is so difficult for me but I'm afraid I've given up! Yours looks great so fingers crossed that your second sock goes smoothly.

Rachelle said...

I'm still on my first sock, I lost a stitch somewhere on the leg, like you no dropped stitches so all I can think of is that I knit two together by accident on a cable cross over. I just made a new stitch and merrily carried on, just started the gusset decreases yesterday so on the home stretch. One thing I've found is that my sock is coming small, it was for my husband, but it fits me perfectly instead.

Paula said...

That looks great! I bet the second sock will really be a lot more fun.