Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yarn Along and WIPs

I finished the secret project on Monday...yeah!  I'll share on Friday.  I have so many projects...and I brought a bunch with me on this trip...I am now working on my Vanilla Latte socks.


I also started my Lanesplitter.  The Lanesplitter is my dissertation for Nerd Wars.  I frogged several rows yesterday before I got the rhythm of the pattern down....the pattern seems easy enough, but the yarn is scratchy...hopefully it'll soften up with soaking....I hope to wear it this year at Rhinebeck.....

I finished The Girl With All the Gifts on Sunday....really good post-apocalyptic book.  I had read a review about it and downloaded it.  Interesting where it ends up.

I am now reading The Yarn Harlot book that I downloaded at the airport.  The essays are funny, but I am looking to read another novel...maybe I'll download the next Longmire book....I've been wanting to read it for awhile...

Tuesday, I read a short story at Apex Magazine called The Food in the Basement..a different take on the vampire story. Good story.

Joining in with Ginny, Tami, and WonderWhyGal...although since I am in an earlier time zone, they do not have the links up yet...

1 comment:

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I always mess up the first few lines of a new pattern, looking good though!