Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 3 - Year of Projects

Wow..late post this week...normally I'm one of the first....I slept late and then knitted and didn't feel like getting up to get on the computer  (the tablet is not all that convenient for this)

Yesterday, I went into NYC for VogueKnittingLive.  It was a lot of fun..I spent the day with my friend Maureen...she's always up for a fiber event.  She is a super fast knitter and started and almost completed a mitten on our train ride...

This is on the train coming home....the yellow is her mitten...she was pretty much done by the time we got off, except to Kitchener, and the thumb...

I had started these rainbow socks.....(actually the night before, so I didn't have to cast on, on the train)

It's a new KAL...I know, I know....It's Boston Knitter's Sock It To Me: Revenge of the Stripes KAL
and I have so much stripey yarn....I just pulled this one off the top of the pile....all wound and ready...here it is by the end of Sunday..almost ready for the heel..which is a new construction for me..


And I worked on my Zuzu's Petals, too...I'm almost to the next section in the pattern....
So that was my week....

2015 Completed Projects:
white mittens - 1/10/15
Quick Crochet Cowl - 1/12/15

WIPS: Crochet:

Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
Orange cotton wrap (started ?)
Tis the Season (11/10/13)
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14)

 Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done
Light in Shadows (1/14/14)
Garter Path (6/1/14) 
Turtleneck Capelet #2 (8/12/14)  
Willow Fields (9/6/14)  
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)
Olivia Owl (12/14/14)

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Faces in Wallpaper (Sept 2013)
Adele Socks (April 2013)
H's Everyday Socks (Jan 2013)  
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
 
Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in

 
KAL/CAL:
Fire and Blood (5/4/14)
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14) 
Zuzu's Petals (1/1/15)
Downton Abbey (1/4/15)
Stepping Stones (1/1/15)
Far Side of the Moon (1/16/15)
 
 Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt 

Projects in Mind - I have the pattern and the yarn  - this list is remaining about the same...I could add a ton to it...but I'm not going to at the moment...I think when I move one of these projects to the WIP category, I will add another project to this list...I like seeing it all laid out..and it is not overwhelming to me..because it's my list and I can follow it or not!

Gifts/Charity: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for friend's babies (ongoing)
Hats for students (ongoing)
Kimberly Skye's tunic
garter for Caitlin

Two Elsa doll/blanket things

Sweaters:
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest
 
Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
Fraxinus 
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette
Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
Bedford Springs Shawl   
 
Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat
 
Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks

Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks
 
Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those stripey socks. They certainly will give you HAPPY feet when they are done.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hurray for stripes! I've been thinking stripes too and been considering Vanilla Bean socks with sock yarn leftovers ... creating my own self-striping yarn with russian joins!

Your needles are MUCH smaller... that's why it only looks like you didn't get as much done. Well that and the fact that she's a super fast knitter! It's not a race though!

Anonymous said...

Love your stripes! My tablet is not so good for answering blogs, hence me only getting round today to answering because I'm on the big computer.

Kim said...

What a fun day you must have had! I love fiber outings. Oh, and needle size matters! I think you did a great amount of knitting. I have only done one pair of socks but I want to do more. I am actually taking a one day class by Cat Bordhi in March. She has created a really cool heel called the Sweet Tomato Heel and I want to learn it as it looks like it makes a fabulous looking heel. Have a gerat week--full of knitting and yarn.
xoxoxo

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh the fibre event sounds fun. The stripes look lovely.

Renee Anne said...

I have so much self-striping sock yarn! I'm not sure what to do with all of it. Whaaaah! Confessions of a Yarn Addict, indeed :)

Unknown said...

Love the stripy yarn for those socks! I finally taught myself continental knitting this weekend. My guage is baaad, but hopefully it will help me to be faster as it develops!

Iris said...

Wow, striking colours on those socks, they look great! :)

Charne said...

Love that stripey yarn for your socks! You'll be done before you knowit!

Charne said...

Love the stripey socks! They'll be done in no time! Happy warm feet! Yay!