Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Stitch Along Wednesday: Week 1

So I created a new banner, using my latest WIP...this will be a months long sweater project...it is the Slopes Pullover that was featured in Knitscene, Winter 2016.  I am making it with Bartlett Yarn...a very hardy yarn...I bought the yarn at Rhinebeck knowing I wanted a sweater's worth of yarn, but didn't have a pattern yet.  I knew I wanted a basic pullover...this one just has a little extra something...the main color is a light mustardy yellow with flecks of those blues....At Rhinebeck I was on the lookout for mustardy yellow and my friend Maureen was looking for "diarrhea green."  Yep we had specifics in mind...hahahaha.

I am making the sleeves with the two tealish blue colors....this is going to be such a lovely bang around sweater....now that I've made two, I'm so ready to make more....

I am also working on another p_ssyhat that I will be donating to the march.  Those are my two latest cast-ons, in addition to the Year of Project list I posted with my WIPs on Sunday.  I am also itching to make a 70's throwback crochet poncho, big and colorful...I have enough Brown Sheep to use, except for a main color....I want it to be a white/cream/aran color....I also want a big cowl on it.....

Tuesday we were back to school, a rainy, cold, grey day.....and I came home and promptly fell asleep for over an hour....

I try every year to complete a reading challenge...here are my picks for this year...reading challenge
The Hubs bought me two memoirs for Christmas....Anna Kendricks and Lauren Graham...he also recently bought Mara Wilson's memoir (little girl from Matilda)...I also want to read/finish the MANY books I have started, including The Man in the High Castle.  It's just with limited time after school (depending on naps and correcting of work/lesson planing) I never know what I want to do...as I also got three new coloring books for Christmas too!
Oh and the color of the year?  Right up my alley!!!!

So what things have you been stitching on this first week of the new year?




2 comments:

Barbara @ KWIP said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Love the new banner.

Paula said...

Yay for a new sweater in progress!

I've got that Doctor Who coloring book. I also have a Doctor Who connect the dots book. It is waiting for me to fine an extremely fine point pen.