Sunday, September 17, 2017

Year of Projects: Week 38

Look at me, two weeks in a row!  Wasn't sure I was going to do one, as thought I'd be heading out for the day....nope...woke up early because I couldn't breathe...took some medicine and now have been dealing with a stomach thing...yuck!  But did make plans to go to a new-to-me fiber festival next weekend!

So I've added some rows to my el dia de los muertos socks....on the second repeat of colors now...

I also finished the second ball on my Fortune's Shawlette.

I made these for a friend.  She goes to an artist's retreat at squam and always gives me the yarn she receives.  She asked for these last fall and I just got them finished for two reasons...one...black yarn! two..pain in hands.

I also put the last two stripes on my Spring is in the Air socks....they now join the pile of socks that need heels!  The only difference is that sock 1 is already done...

So that was me this week!  How about you? If you leave a comment, I will visit your blog too.

2017 Finishes:
1/7/2016 P_ssyhat for donation
1/11/17 Quick Yellow Crochet Cowl
1/25/17 Quick Block Cowl
2/11/17 Lucy For Gfyindor hat 
2/13/17 Zombie Valentine Socks 
2/18/17 Zombie Autumn socks
2/20/17 True Blue Pussyhat
4/8/17 Four Bunny Butts 
4/9/17 Lucy's Bunny Hat
4/9/17 Hipster Wurm
4/13/17 Live Long and Prosper socks
5/1/17 Perfectly Pooled Hat
6/4/17 Rhonda's P_ssyhat
6/24/17 Rainbow Beanie
6/28/17 Star Spangled P Hat 
7/2/17 F. Cancer Hat 
7/14/17 Das Monster
9/16/17 Ramsey's Mitts
Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 
Fortune's Shawlette - 5/20/17 - Finished ball 2    


Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles.. 

Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Totally forgot about this...could get it done to wear in spring...I think I was debating whether to do the bottom ruffle...it's not a good placement for me...

Multnomah (8/21/16)- stuck on feather and fan edging, have too many stitches, in timeout
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...

Slopes Sweater- (1/1/17)  
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket - can't decide how big I want the squares.

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Carlos and Arne socks (July 3 2015)- using a 9" needle...keep losing stitches.
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...

Spring is in the Air (2/16/16)- I love these, need to finish them!
Folding Chairs - (2/17/17) - Her Story plain vanilla

Zombie Latte Socks - (6/27/17) - need some zombie socks come Walking Dead premiere!
Just Keep Swimming - (6/16/16) 
Hudson Bay Socks - (6/21/17)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 

My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen
Sea Glass (4/13/17) - a Zauberball shawl

Bags:

Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy


7 comments:

Rain said...

I can't wait to see the socks finished! I had three knitting projects when I joined this summer, I've added a bunch, but not as long as your list! I think seeing that list every day would stress me out a little! :)

Leftycrafter said...

I agree that working with black yarn is tough. I am doing a lot of that right now. UGH! Your stripes are so happy and joyful looking. Looking forward to seeing the shawlette next week.

Lucy Bowen said...

I love the colours in your socks, hope you are feeling better and have a great weekend.

Sam I Am...... said...

Love those socks and would love to make them for my daughter as she is really into Mexican culture as an art teacher. So sorry you aren't feeling well....it's awful to be sick! You are getting a lot done though despite it all! Yes, black yarn is difficult to say the least. I can't wait to hear about your yarn fest next week and acquisitions?
Get better fast!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Yeah, black yarn... not fun. At least now I remember to pick lighter colour yarns when I'm at yarn shops!

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. But yay for a new Fiber festival! Have fun!

And congrats for two weeks in a row. Looks like our schedules are aligned ;)

Becki said...

Wow! Those el dia de los muertos socks are going to be wonderful. I love all those colors!

Breathing Life said...

I second what Becki said. Those socks are awesome - very eye catching!!