Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Vogue Knitting Live NYC 2018

I went again this year with my friend, Maureen.  This was our second time going, we didn't go last year and I've been once by myself.....
On the train...I didn't knit much, as my hands have been giving me some trouble.....
It was very, very cold walking from Grand Central to the hotel...if you have never been in a city, when wind is ripping down the tunnels created by the tall buildings...it is an experience!!!!  It was really windy and really cold!!  Brrrrrr....

After waiting on line for the coat check, then we waited on line to register......so many excited people!  I saw Gail Zucker...she is a photographer from Connecticut....I've met her several times....

There were two floors of the marketplace and then a third floor is set aside for artists to show how they use fiber/yarn in the arts.....

I will say that VKLive is ALWAYS crowded!  The space is not really large and there are so many people packed into it!   I'm just going to post some pictures and I'll comment, if needed!
The popular Fringe bags....they don't appeal to me...same as I'm not collecting all the enamel pins....I do like pins, just not collecting like many people are.....Instead I went to the Chiagu booth and picked up a New York City bag, with pigeons as the inside fabric...How Perfect!!!!! Picture at end...




Look at that poncho/hoodie hybrid!  I loved it!

 A fashion show was going on and we couldn't get down this aisle....


Kristy Glass....I had to go back, as I gave her the amigurami, but forgot to take a picture....Debbie at Backyard Fiber works and Kelly from the Do Ewe Knit? booth...I really need to get to this store in New Jersey..maybe this summer....


The amigurami exhibit on the 7th floor.....and I asked how to pronounce it correctly...by Resobox



Some favorites Going Gnome!  They are dyeing yarn in a kettle!!!



At the Huck and Stuff display, we could try on the masks!
I'm sorry, I did not get this artist's name or grab his card...very cool "graffiti style" fiber artist

This was spectacular!  It was very large.....

Then back to the shopping....
Tess Designer Yarns always amazes me with their array of greys....this time it was the greens that made me sigh....
Bye NYC, until next time.....and the haul...




3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't like to be cold. Nor do I like crowds. But it certainly looks like there was lots and lots of inspiration there. And it's always nice to be surrounded by fiber loving folks. :)

Paula said...

Thanks for all the pictures. Looks like there were many cool fibery things to see.

Hope your hands feel better soon.

Stefanie said...

What a blast you had! I've been to VK Live! once but it was in LA, about 2011. I met Susan B. Anderson there for the first time.
Thank you for your trifecta of visits. I didn't know you had a blog either! Better late than never, yeah? Hope you're having a good day and aren't in any pain.