Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fiber Twist

Today I headed off to this. I learned about it from Madison Wool She had included a link on Facebook....

It was held at the Nathan Hale Homestead. I've never been and have always wanted to go, so it was great. Of course I bought some fiber, in the form of 5 skeins of yarn. Three of the skeins are au natural and the last two reminded me of "Pond Scum" from Socks That Rock. I bought from three local farms: Palmer Family Farm, I got CVM/Romedale blend, Three Dog Farm, which is Icelandic Wool, and Mocha's Fiber, a kettle-dyed Merino (don't know if this is actually a farm). I also bought some pottery buttons from the last one.


Of course, for the HUBS, I bought some soap. "Precious Amber" from Sleepy Moon Soaps. It smells really good. I think we have had their soap before, it is shea butter with honey. Also "Oatmeal Vanilla" goat milk soap from Wind-Gait Farm. We are finding we like goat's milk soap the best and really love Rowanwood Farm. They were not there.

And, of course, some wool on the hoof!

The little white ones are actually goats, not sheep. Did not write down the breed, but think it starts with a "P"

Burgis Brook farm was there and I will be visiting them at Rhinebeck, as they have these awesome needle holder thingyies......
It was a good day to just walk around. It did get warm. Picked up a bunch of flyers for Farm Days. I got the last yummy lunch of BBQ ribs, he ran out after me. All in all, a very good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some fun! Love the natural yarns, I've never used any.