Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knit New Haven

So this past week, I continued on my quest of visiting Connecticut LYS’.  I went to Knit New Haven in New Haven.  I don’t go to New Haven too often, I think I’ve probably been there less than 10 times in my life.  But I would definitely venture down to visit this store again. 

I was lucky enough to get parking right in front of the store, as it is meter parking.  It wasn’t busy in the store, but it was late on a Thursday night. 

It was bright and had a good selection of yarn.  It was also crochet friendly, having crochet supplies, books and projects featured in the store..

Lynda took care of me and she and I had a great conversation covering several topics.

I had heard good things about this shop from a couple of people and I’m glad that I went myself.  .It was worth the trip.

DSC03314

DSC03315

DSC03321

What did I get?  From left to right…

Fleece Artist Scotian Silk in Boreal – utterly squishable, destined to be a hat or cowl

Malabrigo Sock in Candombie

Pagewood Farms Aleyeska Sock in Mardi Gras

Road to China Silken Jewels in Carnelian

They have a good selection of yarns and carry some major names, as well as smaller farms and up and coming names…

1 comment:

Rain said...

Oh beautiful yarn!! I so miss having a yarn shop-other then the large you-know-what stores. This summer will have to make a trip to our closest a couple hours away!! keep stitchin-Rain