Saturday, May 14, 2016

Stash Acquisition Saturday

So I went to the Connecticut Sheep and Wool two Saturdays ago...and I hadn't posted about it yet...it was the first time Hubs has gone with me....but he has gone to others....

This was what I acquired....the annual shirt....a dragon bag from Jessalu (I always have to narrow it down)...I got a wedge bag this time around....

The pattern is Ripped Curl Shawlette by Alex Tinsley. It is a kit with the yarn in shades of purple. I have several of her designs...Also got a  Lillian Gradient bundle in greys and black, called Iron.  Stephanie had to search for it for me, because the person in front of me grabbed the last one...Her booth, Dirty Water Dyeworks, always has such great inspiration...this basket of gradients was a big draw and I got very annoyed with the group in front of me...only one person was looking, but they all stood there, so I couldn't get in.....
And finally from her, I bought a skein of Paula in a deep, deep red called Sangria....I have been hankering to work in a deep red.....

Then I bought two skeins from a new to me vendor, FiberStash Dyeworks....the gold, which I'm going to use to border my Irish Oak shawl....and some Tweedy Toes sock yarn in Bushel...

Then, oh my, have I received some yarny mail....and I have more coming...can't stop!  It makes me happy!  Massachusetts Sheep and Wool is the end of the month...I am NOT going to NH Sheep and Wool or the WEBS thing today.....but am going to a Handmade in Connecticut expo...wonder if there will be yarn?  I bet there will!  On to the yarny mail, in no particular order...

Simply Socks Yarn Company got some Hedgehog Fibers in and did a duo sale...oh my IN LOVE!!!  I also bought a skein of Monarch, which is a bit more peachy than I thought it would be...I don't tend to do peach colors...

Got a surprise from MadColor

This is Can't Stop the Signal from the Joss is Boss club, which I thought I'd decided not to do, but low and behold it showed up...I'm okay with that....still getting the BA Female club too...this month was Michonne inspired...
I really liked this blue when it popped up in my feed...I'm not drawn to blues....and, of course, I had to try out her self stripe yarn...This is djfleesh Handknits..a new to me dyer....
Some Wooly Wonka Elphaba..this is 50% silk/50% SW BFL...just feels so silky...will not be socks...
The brights of this color got me....Daisy, Daisy by Little Heart Yarns, it's a self stripe
Then I bought a kit from Simply Sock Yarn, their house yarn Poste


It's Jane Austen inspired....Netherfield...I think the yarn self stripes....I'm not sure about the bag...the handles seem too far apart for me....

Then I received my Random Fandom from Nerd Girl
It's also Michonne inspired......funny that I got two Michonne ones in a month...that happened once before with a Monter's Inc colorway....

And finally, a dear friend went to Ireland and found me some sweater yarn....so excited about this!
Do you have some Stash to update, wanna see what other people have?  Join up...








4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! That's a whole lotta yarn. I just did a crochet post. Not sure it ties in with your theme, though I did buy some regular acrylic yarn in Jerusalem.

Tahnee said...

That is a whole lot of yarn, all of it looking absolutely drool-worthy!!

Babajeza said...

The shirt is too cooooool!

Paula said...

Holy smokes, that's a serious addition to your stash. I want that Monarch the most of all of them. Yay for having a friend who brought you lovely Irish yarn!