Saturday, July 18, 2015

Stash Acquisition Saturday!!!

So I am a Stash Acquisition Expert....yes I am...sounds so much better than Yarn Hoarder or Yarn Ho....

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything until I went to Norway...yeah I lied.....

First up, Marvin Says by YarnEnabler...I showed this one on Wednesday, as part of my travel project....

While I was at it, I also bought her No. 2 Pencil....
They make pencil socks....as a teacher, I had to have them!  I held off for quite awhile on buying this...

Last skein of MadColor's Baker Street club...oh the purple!  Purple Shirt of Sex.  Signups for the next club is going on...I opted out, but will be back in the fall....

So I have a few more in the mail...and I'll update this if they come in before I leave tomorrow (I am writing this on Wednesday)...if not, you'll see what souvenir yarn I buy when I return....

Update: First Norwegian yarn purchases.....the first store was in a mall...more of a craft store.....there was lots of yarn,


They were selling trolls, so of course I bought some Troll yarn.
Then we went to a grocery store...dudes, there is yarn in the grocery store...you can buy yarn with your vegetables!

So, of course I bought some.  My friend Tone also bought the same one to make socks

So that is it for now...

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

Yeah, I've found that a lot of European countries sell yarn in their grocery stores. Also, the trolls.....I miss trolls. My grandparents had a Norwegian giftware and office supply shop in my hometown so we had a ton of Norwegian stuff around the houses. I did keep a few things, though :)