Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Once Upon A Sock: April Edition



So I heard about this linkup last week...and since I have 10 sock WIPs, I figured I'd join up! So it is hosted by Katherine at Fiber and Sustenance, Paula at Spin A Yarn, Kat at FelintyKnits, Steph at My Making Do Adventure, Kathy B from CompassionKnit, Liz from Knitting From the Hip, Reanna from Knit, Reanna, Knit, Meg of Intergalactic, Lynn of Minding My Own Stitches and my friend, and where I heard of it, Stef from  Stefaniecraftswithwoolpaperfabric.  Whew!  That is a lot of people to tag!

So the picture is of six of my ten sock WIPs....I am on a self stripe kick....and I keep buying self stripe yarn....today I got my Lellow from Quaere Fibre....

My Zombie Valentines are the closest to being done..
Just have the decrease and toe to go.  I am experimenting with contrast heels and maybe cuffs and toes, at some point....This is a vanilla sock in Brazen Stitchery's My Zombie Valentine. They are housed in a Walking Dead bag that I think I got from Brazen Stitchery...It's a small drawstring bag with no tag.

Another pair of Brazen Stitchery socks in the Kiss Me, I'm Irish colorway.  Both are on her Harmony Sock base which is 75% merino, 25% nylon.  I am knitting Vanilla Latte and knitting them concurrently....I am in love with 9 inch circulars and have bought several pairs.

My Hudson Bay socks, knit on Fishknits Yarn Strong Heart base.  It's an 80/20 mix and is so soft!  I am following Susan B. Anderson's recipe from when she made these same socks. It is not published, but on her blog. These are housed in a Gilmore Girls cube bag, I'm not sure who the maker is...
Dia de los muertos by Desert Vista Dyeworks on her Viso base, a 75/25 mix.  These are housed in my Jessalu sugar skulls bag, because.....this one has been on the needles quite a long time...so need to put some work into them....
These were inspired by the Olympic Games flag.  It is Eat, Knit, Dye in Flags and Dreams on her self stripe, a 75/25 base. These also are the Vanilla Latte pattern.
Also Eat, Knit, Dye....a ribbed sock.  I want to do a Fish Lips Kiss Heel, because well...why not, but have to sit down and figure it out....

I also have a Christmas stripe sock, another sock from a KAL, that only has a cuff, an Arne & Carlos sock and my oldest sock, my Kai-mei.....

Next week is my spring break, so hope to finish up at least two pairs then...Thursday night is parent-teacher night, so I will catch up with everyone over the weekend.....

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

You are making great progress on these socks. How fun to have a variety to work upon.
Pls add Meg of Intergalactic and Lynn (She participates in YOP w/you too.) of Minding My Own Stitches to your group list. Thank you!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow! You really ARE on a self-striping yarn kit. Quite the selection of super brights :) Looking at them all makes me want some self-striping action for myself!

Katherine said...

I love your abundance of socks! So glad you've joined us!

Emily said...

You are making me not feel so bad about my MANY socks in progress! I need to join you on this! Is it a weekly link up thing? Or just challenge? I'm wading back into regular blogging again, yay!

Liz M said...

Crumbs - I thought I had a lot of socks on the needles! I totally agree with you on the self-striping thing though. I'll have to look out for the Dias de los Muertos colourway; it looks lovely - and I love the project bag the socks are stored in
Welcome to the gang. I look forward to seeing your WIPs next month.

Paula said...

Hi Tammy and Welcome to Once Upon a Sock! It looks like you have quite the range of sock projects going on...I love it! I think it would drive me batty to have that many pair going on at once. Do you complete a lot of them too? That's the thing for me. It might take me months to finish one pair of socks :)

Kim said...

Oy! Looking at all those sock wips gave me a twitch! I don't know how you do it!! LOL! They all look amazing and some look like they will be FO's next month. I am on a commercial sock yarn buying kick and I just ordered my first pair of 9 inch circulars so I can see what all the excitement is about! I love how fellow knitters are so effective at being "enablers"!
xoxo