Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Stitch Along: Week 18

I have done absolutely nothing, nada, zilch!  I do plan on casting on a pair of socks to work on tomorrow.  We have the annual baseball game that all Grades 3-8 attend.....not sure I'll actually work on the sock, but want to have something just in case....my other pairs are at heels...and I need something mindless....
I went shopping for snacks for the game....students did donate money...I put together bags for them....
Today is Teacher Appreciation Day...our administrators sent an ice cream truck for us!  It is owned by one of my student's fathers.  She was so excited for me to meet him. (He was out of the country for several months and then had gotten hit by a car)
I got to see my first in person Highland Cattle!  I was very excited!  I've loved these from afar for several years!  The farm where they are, used to be owned by my husband's great uncle.  He owned a lot of land.  My husband grew up on the piece of land that is behind this farm that was also owned by Uncle Bill.  He actually took apart one of the structures he built on this land and carted it through the woods to our property, rebuilt it and lived there.  My in-laws use it as the garage.  There are several rooms, but we don't go upstairs as it's been taken over by bats...

So that's it...I'll throw up the link for anyone who may have something to share....some weeks there is no one...sigh....;)







5 comments:

Stefanie said...

So, who'd won the game? I wish the Classics box was just of the Lays. We usually buy the blue box and once the classic chips are gone, the others trickle into tummies slower.

Babajeza said...

I doesn't work. :-( As always, Regula

Katherine said...

Those highland cattle -- so cool! I saw some on a walk a few months ago, and they are just so impressive!

Ellen Miller said...

Hope all is okay with you, I've missed hearing about your schoolkids, ever-growing yarn stash, and travels to festivals. I'm betting it's the end of the school year crazies that has you so slammed. Believe it or not, I had just finished reading a book with Highland cattle featured in it when you posted your pics! Now I can picture them!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Unfortunately I think I deleted a few comments...