Sunday, June 21, 2020

Year of Projects, Year Seven - Week 23

Oh goodness, it's been two weeks! The first week, I really didn't have much to write about.  The second week, well, I just didn't feel like it.  There were some things going on in my personal life in addition to all the turmoil and ugliness happening in our country.  I fell into a depression for awhile.  But I did craft!

I finished 4, Yes 4 sock WIPs!!!!!  And I am almost done with my Beekeeper Cardigan, only needing to complete the sleeves...

Remember this mess?
Well I finished both socks! I actually wore them on Friday.  The first sock, I finished it and then had to rip out the toe again...I hadn't decreased enough and it was a very large weird square toe. But I'm so happy with them now!  I will definitely wear them now! I finished them in 2013 and never wore them.
The pattern in Sour Apple Socks by Cherry Tree Hill Yarn (Sharon Mooney)
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Solemate in Camouflage
I used size 2 DPNs
I originally started them in July of 2012 and finished them in April 2013, but because they were so big and mismatched, I never wore them.

I finished my Desert Vista Dyeworks Zombody is Eating Candy Corn. 
The pattern is Vanilla Latte
The heels are Fish Lips Kiss heel and in the Green Decomp colorway, also from DVD.
I used 9 inch ChiaGoo metal in US 1 or 2.25 circulars, two at a time.
There is a weird bump in the heels, but they'll be fine when I wear them.

Yarn: Paton's Blue Ragg sock
Pattern: Vanilla pattern, which is 56 stitches for me. To give it some texture, when changing colors, I would slip the 8th stitch. 
The yarn is listed as fingering, but it's a heavy fingering.  They are thick socks, so will be good boot socks.
Slipped stitch heel
Needles were 9 inch Hiya Hiya bamboo circs in US size 0
I started these in January of 2020, after seeing Angela of YarnnYarns start a pair.

Pattern: Vanilla Latte
Yarn: Manic Pixie Dream Zooey in Cloudy with a Chance of Rainbows.  Unfortunately, she is no longer dying.  I believe this is my last skein of her yarn.  I really love her yarn!
Needles: US 1.5, 2.5 mm, I think they were ChiaGoo
Slipped Stitch heel
Started in May of 2018

And I have finished the body of my Beekeeper Cardigan!  On to sleeve island....
I'm very excited to get it done, as I have several more garments waiting in the wings.

I still have around 10 sock WIPs.  I started a new one on Knit in Public Day.  So I'm trying to get them under control!

School is done as of Friday the 12th, although starting in July, I'm going to meet with my kids once a week and read to them.  We are also meeting on the 24th to celebrate a birthday.  We still have no idea what is happening in the fall.  I still don't go out much.  I have had a couple of social get-togethers, as one of our teachers has retired. 

I also went to a Black Student Forum. I did not state it earlier, but Black Lives Matter.

All of these gatherings were outside and masks were worn for the most part.  I wear glasses and have allergies, so often I need to move the mask away from my nose, as I'm congested and can't breathe or my glasses have fogged up.

That's about it for me right now.  I never posted my last video and haven't felt like doing a new one yet.  I have some things coming in the mail, so I may be filming this week to do some "unboxing."

Take care and I'll see you next week.



6 comments:

HighlandHeffalump said...

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling depressed. What a successful couple of weeks you’ve had on tackling some WIPs, that must feel so good, especially re-knitting the socks that hadn’t fit for so long. I get a real boost when I get something finished, so finishing so many things would give me a high. I love all your socks and hope you won’t be on sleeve island for long.

kathy b said...

O I love these O I do!!!

Your sweater is amazing Lady!

Your socks, well you had me at Lornas Laces. I love their yarn. And you beaded them? WOWZa

Babajeza said...

WELL done! I'm impressed. The socks look all very pretty. All the best in these crazy times. Regula

Breathing Life said...

From a mass of tangled wool to a pair of very lovely socks. That is making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!! I am glad you are coming out of your sadness. It is so hard these days to stay hopeful with all that is going on.
You are the sock queen, and I love the bee cardigan. I don't really NEED another cardigan in my queue, but I think that one will be in my future plans. Take care this week, and always. Black Lives Matter.

Becki said...

The Bee Keeper cardigan is pretty! And look at you finishing all those socks! Glad you were able to make your way out of the depression. These times are troubling, for sure.

Paula said...

Four completed sock pairs! I am impressed. I hope things are going better for you. I can relate to the not wanting to do stuff.