Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Couple of Finishes



I have two finishes, well technically three....The green cowl was made with Katia yarn. The Hubs bought it for me when he signed me up for a knitting class as a Christmas gift (I sent him the link) Anyway I had knitted it and pulled it out so much, it was getting ratty looking. So I made a crocheted cowl with it. I like it alot, still deciding if I will put a snap in it for the other end. I may wear it first (when it gets cold) and see if it needs one....

The purple and brown cowl and hat were made with Nashua Paradise. I saw a cowl made with it at Country Yarns and really liked it. I started a hat, but didn't have enough yarn. As I had already sewn on the button, I decided to match the brown in the button. So the brown is Berroco Ultra Alpaca....Not sure I like the Paradise, as it already seems to be pilling and I haven't even worn it yet....

I've never worn a cowl before, but have made a couple for this fall/winter...

Today I am staying home, probably pj'ing it and working on WIP's to see what else I can finish....Also will continue to stash some things on Ravelry...

No comments: