Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hat WIP's

So this year, I have a small class...17....and most of the day I only have 13...as I teach a specialized program that the four other students do not need, so they go elsewhere for language arts. And I decided to make them hats for Christmas....I have now made 9....I am using scrap yarn..and they are all acrylic, as they will get banged around.....I don't think I'll get 8 more made in two nights.....but they will still get hats, it'll just be after the holiday.....



I have 10 girls and 7 boys, so most of the hats are girly colors...thankfully I have a lot of that yarn!

So 8 more to go.....

Joining in with Tami today....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh they all look lovely! You're such a sweetheart making these.. I'm sure they'll be very happy with their new hats! Supergenerous of you!

Spinster Beth said...

I'm primarily a knitter, but I started out crocheting. I'll never be able to knit as fast as I can crochet! If I were to knit hats, it would be three nights for knitting a hat, compared to 3 crocheted hats in a day!

Renee Anne said...

You are a rockstar! I don't know that I could knit that many hats for my class (and my classes would be bigger - if I had one).

I also do not remember our teachers doing anything that awesome for us :(

Babajeza said...

Beautiful. I have more than 30 students. I might just start crocheting for next year.

Kate said...

What a lovely thing to do for the kids in your class. They will be over the moon I am sure. Lucky kids!!

Mrs. P. said...

Handmade gifts are just about the best thing ever. What lucky students you have!