Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A-Z of Connecticut: Avery's Beverages

I have a friend who is doing an A-Z of Hamilton, Ontario...and I thought I'll do an A-Z of Connecticut...it's a small state, that tends to get overlooked, but I know there are some wonderful things about it..so first up..

Avery's Beverages in New Britain, Connecticut.  New Britain is a town that has seen some ups and downs..but Avery's has been making their brand of soda for 110 years!  That is amazing!!!

Everyone I know remembers having an Avery's soda when they were younger....

You actually go to their factory and pick out which soda you want in your case.

 There's the Hubs...scoping out the flavors....

It's a ton of fun!  Now you don't have to get an entire case....but there are some very interesting flavors of soda to try...

Here are some of the ones we chose....

Look at that register!!!
So if you are every in the center of Connecticut, it's an easy on/off of Route 72.

They also make speciality ones..look what I still have in my fridge from 2012...

And for those not in the US..they are not calling President Obama a donkey...a donkey happens to be the symbol for the Democratic Party (go figure)....they had one for the other guy, but I didn't buy it.








2 comments:

Alicia said...

My husband is from CT and I went to school there, looking forward to these posts!

Unknown said...

That Barack Obama pop! Glad you are doing this, I have enjoyed it Om my blog and am sad it is coming to an end now.