Saturday, November 12, 2016

Stash Acquisition Saturday

Yep...it's going to be a good one....

Let's start with the mail acquisitions....I received a package and thought it was my new LaLuRoe leggings...the Hubs was like, "No!  It's from another country!"  It was my first shipment in The Splendferous Blanket Club by Handmade by Kate and Mother of Purl. I saw this advertised awhile back and because both the Hubs and I are Roald Dahl fans I preordered the full six months!

Mr. Wonka by handmade by Kate and If You Want to View Paradise by Mother of Purl, both DK weight.  Now it's deciding on a blanket.  The Hubs has requested a zigzag...and I can't see me knitting one of those, so crochet it is!  It think I'm going to use one of Lucy from Attic24's patterns....

And then, of course, there was the Fiber Festival of New England....I did blog about it here

I bought this kit from a local farm vendor (sorry forgot name) It is to make thumbless mitts for little Lucy.  The yarn is from a sheep named Henry.

I went back to Barltett Yarns and got two more skeins for my next sweater, plus a contrast skein.  I'm thinking of making the Slopes Pullover or Revelry Sweater, both in the new issue of Knitscene...or Flax, but everyone has made that one, so may try one of the new ones....

Ihad a really hard time picking which self stripe to get from White Birch Fiber Arts,,,I went with Signs and Wonders...it's hard to tell, but it is a gradient self-stripe, the colors are purple, rose, orange and a limey yellow.....yum! I forgot to go back and purchase her back wall!
Same problem at Into the Whirled...it was so nice being able to get into the booth...she didn't have all of her colors, but there were enough...I picked up Madame Vastra.  She is a character from Doctor Who.  I ADORE the makeup for this species...the Silurians...they remind me just a bit of Sleestaks from Land of the Lost...a childhood favorite.
Image result for madame vastra

This is Arriderci, Bitches!  A Charlie (Supernatural) inspired yarn from Play At Life, although so not my colors...it is Charlie, another favorite.....

This was my last purchase...it matched my Stopover to perfection! And it is named "Unchained Melody" my wedding song...it was fate!

This was my first yarn purchase.  I just loved this color! From Longmeadow Farm, it's Cranberry Red..It's Lamb's wool and silk...

From Heather of Mad Color.....a rainbow on black...since I already have socks...think I;m going to make a cowl...the color stripes are really long.....It's called Darkside....

This is Abaddon from Llamas and Llattes....another Supernatural yarn...it came in a kit to make a hat beanie...

And from Dirty Water Dyeworks.....this is for The Joker and the Thief I have gotten other kits from her...I really think, she does the best teals out there...I adore her teal yarns...

And that was all on the yarny front...not too bad!  I also got a Madder Root bag, a piggy sponge holder and soap...always get soap
I also know that two of my clubs are on their way to me now...Mad Color's Supernatural club firs month!  Can't Wait!!!!!

This will probably be the last big update before the end of the year....I will be heading to Brooklyn General Store at the end of the month.....but unless something amazeballs comes across my feed, I won't be ordering much!

So I'll throw the link up if anyone else would like to join...









1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow, what a great haul! How cool is it that you know the name of the sheep that supplied one of those skeins? I like the Madame Vastra. She's an inspiration to some other dyers, too. I have a skein from someone called The Veiled Detective.