Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Once Upon A Sock - Socktober!!!

Welcome to Socktober!  Do you do anything fun for Socktober?  I am just trying to finish socks up...then start ALL THE SOCKS again!!!!!!

I don't have any finishes, BUT I have put some heels on several socks!  And I will have a couple of finishes before the end of the year.  AND I have done the Fish Lip Kiss heel a couple of times (6 as of Wednesday night), although I am having some issues with holes....

Put some yellow FLK heels on my Kiss Me I'm Irish socks....these will be done by the end of the year, maybe by the the next post in November...

Also put a FLK heel on my Dia de los Muertos...and almost got to the toe before I realized that the foot was WAAAAAYYYYY too big!

Now I can handle a slouchy sock...I'm an 80's girl, it was all about the slouch...but the foot needs to fit me...so since I was home sick on Wednesday...I tinked back about 13 stripes...over 2 hours of tinking....if I was Tinkerbell...I wouldn't have minded...but this was tedious!!!
And then I spent about an hour and a half finishing that sock!!!
I can't believe how well the red mini (on the heel) matches the red in the sock!  The mini is from Two Sisters and the stripe is from Desert Vista Dyeworks...I will cast on the second one this weekend...maybe have them actually finished for dia de los muertos....

This is where my Keep on Swimming socks were at the beginning of Wednesday.....this by 9:00pm...
I've got another FLK heel completed! This was the sock I wanted to learn the Fish Lips Kiss heel for...because DUH! "Keep on Swimming"  I'll complete these socks this weekend, especially since it's a three day weekend....although I do want to finish my Beekeeper Cardigan. 

I may recast on my Faces in the Wallpaper socks...bought the pattern several years ago and loved it...but I lost my place, so then frogged them, but have a hankering for a nice grey sock and I love the spooky faces.....

Also should maybe work on my Christmas Stripe socks.....
We'll see.......If I get distracted by the new pretties and well Rhinebeck is in two weekends....I'll be looking for new self stripe, so there's that!!!!!

If you'd like to join up on our fun roundup of sock projects, please head over to Paula's blog
Spin A Yarn and link up with us...

4 comments:

Paula said...

I love the name Socktober!!!! And I love all your WIP's. You've got really good progress going on all of them. I feel your pain about tinking...I'm sure you saw my post this month about the same topic. It's so very tedious and seems to take me much longer than actually knitting. I really, really want to finish the socks I'm working on so I can get to my swap sock yarn :)

Babajeza said...

All your socks are great. I haven't any on the needles at the moment ... Socktober? Hmmm ... I might start another pair immediately. ....

Meg said...

Look at all those lovely socks! You have my sympathy re: the ripping back - it really is depressing but well done for not just sticking it in a corner and actually doing the ripping back and then finishing it!

Stefanie said...

You have such fun sock WIP's. I really need to try that heel. I guess I got intimidated by the 10 pages of stuff.