Sunday, October 7, 2018

Year of Projects: Week 30

Good morning!  I am spending my day watching The Walking Dead along with Doctor Who...can't wait to see the new Doctor at 1:45 and the start of the new season from The Walking Dead...with a female showrunner!!!!!!! So yesterday may have been a day of anger for many here in the US......(and no I don't believe Kavanaugh should be a judge...I watched his hearing....I did not see Dr. Ford's testimony, but he does not have the temperament to be a Supreme Court judge...and I believe her)....November is coming......

Anyway back to yarny things.....I have been working on my Beekeeper, almost exclusively....I stayed home on Wednesday...Tuesday was one of the worst pain days I've had in awhile (my infusion is tomorrow)....and I worked on socks...since Thursday was a Once Upon a Sock post.....so you can check out that post to see what I've done....

Yesterday I also stayed home...and today, we were possibly going to go out, but I had a bad night....so we are again staying in....I do love to hermit......

Anyway, I pulled out Beekeeper and worked on it some more...I'm about 4 inches below the armholes,,,another 7 or so to go.....
So I started this about two hours ago...my pictures were not uploading....so just spent time deleting things and trying to upload....I take a lot of pictures...so need to delete occasionally....

So I am going to go find my Time Traveler Felici yarn from Knitpicks and cast on some socks to watch the new Dr. Who...see you next week.....

2018 Finished Projects:
Millennial Slytherin Mitts - Jan 6, 2018 
KG AMi - Jan 10, 2018
Shamrock Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Snowflake Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Elephant Reserve - February 11, 2018
Bunny Hat - February 12, 2018
Blue Wave - February 12, 2018
Folding Chairs - March 4, 2018
Jessica Jones 2 - March 7, 2018
Chicken Scratch Sock (test knit) - March 8, 2018 (only one sock)
Zombie Latte Socks (Zombie Valentine) - April 8. 2018
Fortune's Shawlette - April 11, 2018
Hudson Bay Socks - April 12, 2018
Chemo Hat for Deirdre - April 16, 2018 

Farewell Sockhead - July 4, 2018
Multnomah - July 10, 2018
Colourscape Cowl - July 24, 2018
A & C Vanilla socks - July 30, 2018
Swap Gift - August 20, 2018

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Just Keep Swimming - (6/16/16) - 1 done
Muertos - 8/13/17
Games Socks- 2/15/18
I'm Irish - 3/3/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Northampton Socks - 5/26/18
 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

10 comments:

Breathing Life said...

Sigh, the whole Kavanaugh thing makes me so very sad and mad. ARGGGG!
I love your beekeeper. It is a keeper for sure!!
Sorry you aren't feeling well enough to get out - but I too love to hermit about at times (like this weekend).
Happy knitting. and I hope you feel better soon.

Sandy said...

Love all the texture in your bee keeper and the color looks perfect for something with that name. Totally agree with regarding Dr. Ford and Kavanugh. I'm unhappy they rushed things throw, that the FBI didn't talk to like 40 people with info, that so many records were blocked. The whole thing seemed like a sham. His temperament should have disqualified him right on the spot.

Mereknits said...

Dr Ford was so very brave, and the Judge, well he handled himself like a buffoon and =should not be on the Supreme Court, yet once again these horrible things keep happening. I hope you are feeling better after the infusion.

HighlandHeffalump said...

The world is upside it seems, that's why I love knitting and other crafts...you can zone out on the madness in the world for a bit. Happy Knitting :)

kathy b said...

Please please give me your hermit tips. I just am not able to hermit. I want to . I must. Winter is coming to Wisconsin. I have no choice. but the thought of the beautiful days in the 70s like today, sunny and lovely being over are too much for this heart to bear today. We get one more gorgeous day. Im used to November slamming the pretty door shut, October 10th is 3 weeks too soon!!!! We need every nice day we can get. Sigh

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So many fun socks in your Once Upon. A Sock post! Looks like you’re a dab hand at the FLK heel now!

Paula said...

I’ve still got several skeins of Time Traveler in my stash. It may be almost time for a new pair. Did you enjoy 13? I did and have hopes for a great season.

The whole political situation makes me very unhappy. My absentee ballot is in the mail and my fingers are crossed for lots of good news in November.

Sandy said...

Popping back in to wave hi. Hope you're feeling better, thought I'd leave you the link to my travel blog today, just for a change of pace.

Stefanie said...

I'm glad you got to stay home and relax while watching your favorite shoes.

Liz said...

I'm loving the new Dr Who so far. Sorry to hear that you've been in pain; hope the infusion made a difference.