Sunday, January 13, 2019

Year of Projects - Year 6, Week 2

This was my first full week back to school after the holiday break.  I was exhausted most days and asleep by seven each night......

so that means I really did not work on anything this week...a few rows here and there....but that is all.....I did make my first yarn purchase of the year....but I'm going to do a stash post on Saturday.
My current sock WIPs, except for Kai-Mei, as I couldn't find the bag.....So, yes, I do have an issue with self-stripe yarn....only one is not self-stripe, well the Kai-mei is also not self stripe....so this is part of my WIP 2019.....I will cast on more I'm sure....as I have an issue with stopping at the heels....I did start a heel on the Time Traveler socks...I elected to do a heel flap and it seems to be taking forever!  It's been so long since I did one...And two of them only have cuffs started......

I have been doing a lot of reading on Instagram the past couple of days around the issue of the knitting/crochet community and racism that rose from the Karen Templer blog post.  It has been very interesting and enlightening.  If you are on Instagram, it is worth your time to read some of the posts...@duckling.designs, @ladydyeyarns, @labienaimee, @su.knitter, @nappyknitter, @tina.say.knits...I have added many new people to my feed....

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Muertos - 8/13/17
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Northampton Socks - 5/26/18
 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

5 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

You can ever have too much self striping socks! School tires me out too, it doesn't even have to be particularly busy, every night eight o'clock to bed!

Becki said...

Okay... I think it was over an hour ago I came in here to see what you were up to YOP-wise, and I've finally extricated myself from a blog written by a woman I'd not heard of before and downloaded a me and white supremacy workbook. Let me say, after all that - your many beginnings of striped socks are fun. I hope you find the time and desire to finish them, and the many others you will begin. Gotta go now, 'cuz I've got homework to do... Hope you have a good week, Tammy.

Breathing Life said...

I have been following the instagram conversation too. Much to think about for sure.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I got totally side tracked yesterday looking up the original post you mentioned, the responses and the Instagram feeds of the others you mentioned and have now downloaded the ‘Me and White Supremacy workbook to read. So thank you for mentioning this and bringing it to my attention as I seemed to have missed the discussion on other social media.

Sam I Am...... said...

Yes, get your rest for sure and I too am a self striping addict or at least not solids. I get bored with one color...how did they ever make white sock after white sock years sago. I need to get back to mine too. Have a great week. I'll check IG as Ican't post but I can read.