Sunday, January 27, 2019

Year of Projects, Year 6, Week 4

Well I missed last week, had some personal stuff going on.......But I did finish two pair of socks last weekend!  We ended up having a four day weekend, as we had a snow day on Tuesday, after the day off on Monday for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

The blog post for the finishes went up on Friday, if you'd like to give a peek....
Sorry so dark.  I had to rip out the baby sweater I had started.  It's been so long since I worked on it, I had to go up a size! 

I really have been on a sock kick and got past the heel on the first Northampton sock
I was also catching up on podcasts...

I pulled out the yarn for the baby projects...these are not on my list yet, as I have not started them yet...so I have two girls and two boys to make for...one is the Elephant sweater that I had to rip out and restart.
Probably going to make two Cria, one for one of the boys and the other girl....not traditional baby colors...
The last one is the Teddy Sweater

Only one of these babies has not been born yet...

So those are my plans, what about you?


2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18, ripped out and restarted next size up 1/26/19


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Northampton Socks - 5/26/18
 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Baby sweaters are fantastic to knit. They go so quickly and are just adorable too. Your did well on completing your socks last week. Looking forward to seeing the baby sweater take shape.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I watch Amy’s podcasts too, I haven’t tried her yarn yet...I’m on a yarn buying ban at the moment. I think those colours will look great in baby outfits. 2 completed knitted items already this year! Well done.

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the yarn you have for your baby sweaters. An your socks are great. Looking forward to seeing the sweaters take shape.

Becki said...

Checked out your link to your FO's. Wow, you've been on a kick finishing up those socks! I love the fun colorful stripes. :)

Sam I Am...... said...

I think they will love those non-traditional colors...they're gorgeous! What fun to knit 'little things'.

Babajeza said...

Your plans sound good to me. So good luck!

Sandy said...

Sorry you had to rip out, I hate it when you have to do that. Love the blue variegated yarn you've got lined up and will be anxious to see a sweater made of that. Love that you're not using traditional colors.

Sandy said...

Waving hello as I make my blog rounds.