Sunday, March 31, 2019

Year of Projects, Week 13


Well I skipped another week.  I skipped because I had nothing to write about.  Many times when I finish a project, I take a break.  I don't tend to cast on or start another project right away.  So I took a break for about a week.  Added some rows on socks, but that was about it....

Then yesterday I took out my Miss Winkle, or Porch Winkle, as I call it.  It took a few minutes to figure out where I was in the pattern and of course, I did a loop wrong.....but I did put on three new loops!


There's a black marker under the third loop, that is where I started.  I really love this yarn and think i'll wear this a lot.....so this should be my next FO...I started it in June of 2016.....

I also worked on my Game of Thrones shawl, but now the stitch count is off, so I put it away again, until I have the brain power to work on it!   I have spring break in two weeks, so I hope to finish up some projects then....although right now I have no option to watch Game of Thrones, as DISH is in dispute with HBO......

This upcoming week is parent-teacher conferences, which are exhausting!!! Then another full week before vacation!  I'm not sure I'll survive....March is a long month....

My giftee LOVED the alpaca! I blogged about him here

I received a nice package.  A beautiful cobalt blue yarn bowl, gorgeous purple gradient minis, some beautiful alpaca autumn gradient yarn....I guess she is sending a second package, as she forgot a few things....

I guess that is about it.  I'll be watching The Walking Dead all day, as the season finale is tonight.  Plus been having issues with my ankle this week, so trying to stay off of it this weekend....which is sometimes hard, as Baxter would like me to go with him on walks....I only made it a bit and then was back at the house to put the ankle up...



2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18, ripped out and restarted next size up 1/26/19


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy


9 comments:

Babajeza said...



The time before breaks is so tiring. I only have one week to go but with the time change it is haaaard. There is always extra work. I have tests and texts to mark and want to have everything ready for the first day after the break. Because I am lausy when it comes to go to school and prep during vacation.

All the best for the two loooooooong weeks. Regula

Leftycrafter said...

That shawl is so unique. It deserves to be worn a lot. You will be sure to get plenty of compliments on it too. Poor Baxter. He is looking at the camera like "where you going?"

Becki said...

I often times consider taking a break after working on a project, but lately I'm afraid I won't pick up hook or needle again if I do. But seriously... it might just be what I need sometimes. Your shawl looks like it will be fun to wear. And cozy, too. :)

JustMagicMaria said...

Baxter is adorable. Poor boy but poor you with ankle issues. Your Porch Winkle is a clever design with all the loops and looks like it will be really cosy. Here's hoping the next few weeks glide by smoothly.

Breathing Life said...

I am gonna check out that Game of Thrones pattern. It is annoying when the count gets out on a shawl and sometimes they deserve a time out for sure. I hope you are using lifelines.

Ruth said...

Miss Winkle is looking good and it's nice to take a break between projects. There is always that what will I won't I work on. I find parent teacher meetings exhausting and I'm only attending them for one child as the parent so I can only imagine how it is for the teachers!

Lucy Bowen said...

I loved my miss winkle! I say loved as I gave it away, but that shows how much I loved it. Yours is splendid.

Sam I Am...... said...

It looks like you live in the woods...awesome! Yes, your dog definitely wanted you to go with him. I hope you get through until Spring Break. Your shawl is lovely in that yarn and I like the loops!

Sandy said...

LOVE the shawl, it's similar in design to the one I'm currently making except where you have loops I have a scalloped edge. I'm beginning to wonder though if something is missing from the pattern, as I'm over the half way mark and the stitches on the needle seem to me like they should be decreasing and they aren't. The colors in yours are wonderful and I can see how it would be very wearable with lots of different colors. LOVe the pretty yarn bowl. Good luck with the ankle. Perhaps a brace would help. I used to play pretty competitive racket ball and often ended up with sprained ankles, and found those pull on braces help support sore ankles.