Sunday, March 10, 2019

Year of Projects: Year 6, Week 10


I have again, not blogged for several weeks.....it has to do with pictures....haven't taken pictures or when I thought about taking pictures, the light was not good....but I'm blogging today...mainly to avoid correcting papers as it is the end of this term....Hopefully it won't be several weeks again before I blog....

I do have two finishes...one today and one earlier this week....Today I finished my Northhampton socks or Green is the Best socks.....these were the socks that were closest to be finished....I did cast on two more pairs of socks, however!


The other finish was not on the list, it was for my swap partner....I made an alpaca!  I love this so much!  I will need to make one for myself....

And I started the Snow Day socks on Monday...when we had a SNOW DAY!!!!  I had been holding on to this yarn for the occasion! Yarn is Snow Day by Pixie Yarn....I may have bought a couple of her sock sets...

The other socks are a vanilla pair.  So I kept seeing all this pink and red yarn for Valentine's Day..although I love red, I'm not much of a pink girl, unless it's like fuschia..I do like a rose pink too...but then Freckled Whimsy posted Sweet Treats and Rosy Cheeks and it was more browns, with a touch of pink.....the cuff is Leading Men Fiber Arts in Bent Neck Lady (I think).....


2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18 
Lucy's Elephant - 7/24/18, ripped out and restarted next size up 1/26/19


Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn, may have to frog.

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

11 comments:

Stefanie said...

Great WIP's here and I like how you use different colors. I'm itchin to start TAAT but am waiting for the circulars I need.

Leftycrafter said...

Nice to hear from you again. Your finished socks are very nice. But.....the 2 pair on the needles really have my eye. Love both or the colors.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oooh I love that wee alpaca and it’s purple! Love it!! Is that pattern on Ravelry? I feel the need to make its Scottish cousin at some point.

Becki said...

Your Northhamptom socks are great! And your alpaca is adorable. I hope you do make another for yourself. Sometimes we just need to make things that make us smile. :)

Breathing Life said...

I love the spring colours you have chosen for your socks. It gives me hope that spring is coming!

JustMagicMaria said...

Cute cute alpaca! I love your socks, especially the vanilla ones you just started that remind me of ice cream colors.

kathy b said...

Ive never bought a sock set...but you are tempting me!
LOVE THE ALPACA

Sam I Am...... said...

I love all your socks and I like the green ones too as I was wanting to make some St. Patrick's Day socks. That llama is the cutest! You definitely need to make one for yourself!

Lucy Bowen said...

I love all of the socks, but that alpaca .....! I want one of those!

Paula said...

Excellent collection of projects! It would be hard to pick a favorite. Green socks are great, love the alpaca. The socks with the color you don’t favor is one that I do and really like them.

Charlotte said...

That alpaca! Love it! It’s a lovely deep purple :)