Saturday, November 30, 2019

Black Friday at my LYS

So I have a couple of local yarn stores.  I mean I live in Connecticut, everything is pretty much within two hours.....but there are three yarn stores, actually four within an hour of me.  All are about 40 minutes away.(one is about 20 minutes away)....I stopped by my former very close local yarn store.  Seriously, she used to be 5 minutes up the road.....then I moved and she moved and now she is about 30 minutes away.  I stopped by yesterday for her Black Friday sale.....The store is New England Yarn and Spindle (I say Fiber in the video)...but we just call it Mary's store...


I went to the store for larger DPNs for the bulky hat KAL I am starting tomorrow.

I also picked up some WYS Cayenne Pepper, which was back ordered.  I'm going to use it for cuffs and heels.  I also bought this awesome Malabrigo Rasta for the KAL...and a ruler bracelet.  I've been waiting for her to get the smaller sizes back in...and of course the needles.

I also decided to head to another LYS, Stars Hollow, for some pompoms....I knew she had some good ones.  She had just put in an order, but I was able to find a grey one and a black and white one....
I also bought some Blue Sky Bulky to close up a hat....and three skeins of HiKoo Caribou for my gnome beards...and then a winter bag by Earl Grey Fiber Co.....

So these are the hats I have planned for the Put A Pom On It KAL with Nancy from Knit City...