Sunday, December 1, 2019

Year of Projects: Year 6, Week 47

Good afternoon.  We are waiting on the storm to start.  One station has named it Winter Storm Abel.  I had a student named Abel once.  Really nice boy, so smart....So they really have no idea what's going on with this storm.  Parts of our country have gotten feet of snow...we may get between 8-10 inches....It's suppose to start in about an hour....may taper off tonight into tomorrow with sleet and ice and then a second part starts tomorrow afternoon....so I may have school tomorrow, I may not have school for two days...who know?


Anyway onto the crafting.....I've worked mostly on my Merry Knitmas sock and my Breeze shawl.  Not much to show on the shawl...

***It's a couple hours later.  I've been trying to upload my Vlogmas Day 1.  My wifi is crappy on a good day, so it is taking HOURS to upload a 7 minute video.....so I went and had lunch and then I fell asleep....woke up when the Hubs brought me a cup of tea.....****

So I am doing a couple of KAL/MALs for December...Nancy or Gettingpurlywithit on Instagram is doing a Put a Pom On It KAl...her hat pattern is free on Ravelry.  I'm a fan of the pom...so I have several planned..
So that is five planned hats...yes all for me..I am a hat wearer...I love hats!  I was married in a hat...the one on the right is a former Vermonter, but it wasn't fitting me right, so I frogged it...I also pulled out another hat kit from White Birch to make...

But this happened with the first hat I started on:
The hat was way too big, so I ripped back to the increase row and took out the increases.  It will probably take less than 2 hours to complete....

My sock is still being plugged along on...for the heel and beginning of the foot, it started striping...

FYI, it looks like this out now
It started with a bang, fizzled out for a bit and came back with a vengeance...it's snowing at a pretty fast clip right now...we are expecting 6-8 inches....and then less than an inch of ice...

Then Caleisha of the Quirky Monday podcast is hosting a MrGrinchMAL...anything green or grinchy...I got some Grinchmas yarn from NightOwlFibers
Then I have a WHAM Last Christmas KAL. I bought the yarn from Yarn Badger in England. I don't have a picture of that one right now...

I also got my two yarny wishes....and my other yarny wish was for my DonorsChoose project to be funded and it was! I wished for self stripe yarn and two people sent me some..

The second package was from Alicia, she and I have become pretty good friends on Instagram...

So no finished projects for me, but lots of new projects...Also I went to a couple LYS on Black Friday..if you want to check out the video and post with goodies....HERE

And if you wnat to watch my vlogmas videos...My channel name is GRACEYSGOODIES, I'd love more subscribers...I have 3...I'd love to have 5-10....I am still uploading the first one...sigh...

See you next week!

2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19
Lucy's Zebra 7/5-7/6/19
Black Widow Shawl 5/5/19-7/12/19
Lucy's Elephant Reserve 7/24/18-8/2/19
Shark Socks 7/28/19-8/12/19 
Swedish Block 8/20/19 - 8/24/19
Garter stitch block 8/24/19
Samples 8/28/19 finished
Throwback Poncho October 12, 2019
Mixed PomPom Hat October 13, 2019
Brainzzz - October 26, 2019
Bulky Cowl - Nov 9, 2019
Candy Cane socks - Nov 11, 2019
Santa Baby - Nov 20, 2019

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl: 12/13/18
Breeze 11/16/19



Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7, 2018Merry Xmas - Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19, frogged 7/21/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Merry Knitmas - 10/1/19
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..



Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

8 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

You are really ambitious for the holiday season and everything else that goes on at that time. I wrote down your channel....I am assuming you have a podcast on You Tube? I'll be checking it out especially with someone I know! Lucky you with the snow! I miss it so much especially now that I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to. I hope you get some snow days! I love all your yarn and your hat plans.

Becki said...

All your yarns are so yummy. Going to check out your Vlogmas recordings!

Babajeza said...

You have so many finishes! Well done. And there are still a couple of weeks until 2020 ... All the best in the snow storm. Regula

Breathing Life said...

I love that I am not the only one with too many KAL for december. One is self imposed the other a group effort, but still what with the test knit socks and the hat that is enough wips for me. I will check out your vlogmas later this evening - I hope it is loaded by then. lol.

kathy b said...

I think my 17th project is done. You have finished way way more than I. :) Fun to see your long long list

Charlotte said...

Just subscribed to your channel :) looking forward to watching your Vlogmas videos!

Lucy Bowen said...

All of your lovely projects, I love all the colours! I have subscribed and will be going over to watch next.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Sorry I’m so behind posting a comment, you have lots of exciting KALs on the go it seems and lots of gorgeous yarns and Pom poms. I got married in a hat as well, I wasn’t into knitting back then so it wasn’t homemade. I’m jealous of your snow, we’ve just had weeks of rain and some snow would make a lovely change. I am excited to see all these patterns progress.