Sunday, March 8, 2020

Year of Projects: Year 7, Week 10



Good morning!  So Bella the Cat wakes us on the weekends early.  Since I'm up before 6 on weekdays, she needs us up by 6 on the weekends too.   Yawn.....

I have no finished objects this week, but I do have another video up.  This one is a bit longer at 31 minutes.  I do touch on some of the controversy in the yarn world.

And oh my goodness, am I excited! I saw a trailer for a new movie when I hopped on youtube this morning...
The Secret Garden is my all time favorite book! Colin Firth is my favorite actor and he played a grown-up Colin in the 1987 version and is now playing Lord Craven.  And Julie Walters! Who've I've been told is a British national treasure.  I adore her too! It seems like they are going to make the garden more actually "magical"  but I'm okay with that! So excited!

Okay back to projects.  I've been working on shawls this week....I need to take some pictures, I'll be right back...they may be crappy...

My Van Gogh, such a fun pattern and quick!  It's a 12 row repeat....and really quick...
Fiberstash yarn in You're a Mean One and Band Candy.  I'm about 1.2 way with this shawl.

Breeze, so I'm on the second of the three colors.  I'm almost done with the green.  Then it'll be a middle grey and the last color is a darker grey with black.  The yarn is Koigu, which I LOVE!

So that is pretty much all I've worked on.  I've put some rows on some socks, but nothing to really talk about....

Hopefully you can check out my video....It took 5 HOURS to upload!  For 31 minutes!


2020 Completed Projects:
Merry Knitmas - 1/25/2020
Box O' Chocolates - 2/23/2020
Sunny Skies - 2/29/2020


Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden is now a senior..so maybe I finish it for him to take to college?
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!
Billy shoes - Jan 1, 2019

Knit: 
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Started the second one, past the thumb point..
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7,  
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19
Grinchmas Socks Dec 7, 2019
Whammed Socks Dec 7, 2019
Patons Ragg Socks - Jan 1, 2019

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..

Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Breeze 11/15/19Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I have never read "the Secret Garden" but I did see the original movie and loved it. I did not know they were doing a remake of it. I look forward to seeing this one as well.

The Van Gogh shawl is pretty and with the drop stitch I can see where it makes for a quick knit. The Breeze colors are working quite well together. Garter stitch shawls are such a relaxing knit.

kathy b said...

WOw. Thank you for telling us it took you 5 hours to record that! I enjoy seeing it , but I don't want to do one myself because I'm not that capable without my 30 years old kids to help me maneuver the cyberostiy !!!

Love your shawl and pattern notes. They really do help me

Sam I Am...... said...

I saw the preview of the Secret Garden also and I was so excited! It looks really good! I just subscribed to Acron t.v. as I love the UK shows. I love your green yarns! So pretty! I may have to look closer at that first shawl as you said it goes fast and it's easy? It sounds like my kind of project!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your shawls are looking lovely. I enjoyed looking at your purchases on the podcast!

Breathing Life said...

I watched your video and I am totally in the dark about all the controversy because I am off instagram and facebook for lent. However, now I will check out what's up on Ravelry. You have piqued my interest for sure.

Breathing Life said...

I watched your video and I am totally in the dark about all the controversy because I am off instagram and facebook for lent. However, now I will check out what's up on Ravelry. You have piqued my interest for sure.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I will catch your latest episode later this week. 😀

Babajeza said...

"The Secret Garden" is one of my favourite stories. I've read it several times over the years and even saw it on Brodway back in April 1992. Anyway, I still believe in it's message. "BAck to the roots". Have a nice weekend! Regula

Becki said...

Thanks for the heads up about the new movie! Your shawls are coming along nicely, and look lovely.