Sunday, May 24, 2020

Year of Projects, Year 7, Week 19


Good  morning!  I skipped last week, as I didn't have much to say.  I did post a new vlog though, I will link it at the end.

I have not finished anything.  I have been skipping around and working on several WIPs...chiefly my Beekeeper Cardigan.  It took me a few minutes to remember where I was....and then I started back on it...and I kept working on it, until I hit a "I don't want to do anything wall"  Yeah, so the past couple of days, I haven't worked on anything.
The color is true in the first picture, but I did a closer picture to show the stitch pattern.

The several pairs of socks I am working on....I will finish these before casting on another pair...however, I did also work on a pair that I had cast on awhile ago.  I'm making shortie socks with that yarn.....


I found this project in the Knitty City bag (I talk about this on the vlog)  I had cast on 100 stitches.  I wanted just a simple cowl to work on on the train ride home.  It never got farther than the cast-on.   I added 20 stitches, did a purl row, k2together, yarn over row, purl row and am just knitting it now...I'll finish it with the same purl, k2 tog, purl repeat....I love the Freia yarn...

I've added onto this blanket.  This was a Roald Dahl club I belonged to for a year. I tore out the original, which was mitered and decided to go with this block pattern from Purl Soho.  That is two strands of dk held together.
So, the baby girl was born this past week.  I really need to get working on this to finish it....sigh...

And oh I do have a finish!  I made my Mom a Snoopy and Woodstock for Mother's Day.

We have 3 weeks of school left.....I love teaching, and I miss my kids, but I will be glad when this year is over....

I have to go in on Tuesday to pack what I can of my room.....we are each given 2 hours.   I have another 2 hours the following week because of my mobility issues, I am very slow, so they gave me another two hours.

Episode 11:

Episode 12:


2020 Completed Projects:
Merry Knitmas - 1/25/2020
Box O' Chocolates - 2/23/2020
Sunny Skies - 2/29/2020
Dobby  - 2/20/2020
Gnomes - 2/20/2020
Wow Factor - 3/22/2020
Wow Factor 2 - 3/24/2020
Chrono Hat - 3/24/2020
Showoff - 3/27/2020
Breeze - 4/9/2020
Wise One Hat - 4/18/2020
Lightsaber - 4/18/2020
Snoopy and Woodstock -5/9/2020

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden is now a senior..so maybe I finish it for him to take to college?
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!
Billy shoes - Jan 1, 2019

Knit: 
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Started the second one, past the thumb point..
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 
Zombie Candy Corn - Oct 7,  
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)
Rhinebeck Socks - 10/6/19
Grinchmas Socks Dec 7, 2019
Whammed Socks Dec 7, 2019
Patons Ragg Socks - Jan 1, 2019

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..

Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this..

7 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Love all of your stripey sock yarn. And the stitch pattern in the beekeeper is lovely. We are preparing here for a potential return to school but I don't know what that is going to look like yet - our head has said it won't happen until the 15th at the earliest.

Breathing Life said...

Ah yes, I remember those days of packing up a classroom after years end - I am glad they are giving you extra time. I love the stitch on the beekeeper sweater - very cool. I too have some days that I don't feel like knitting - I would rather be swimming - but that isn't going to happen anytime soon - unless I get a wetsuit and head into the ocean. It may come to that.

Becki said...

The yarn color in your Bee Keeper sweater is just gorgeous!

Needles and Wool said...

Here from Meredith's blog. Lovely to see all of your WIPS. I really like the striped socks. Woodstock and Snoopy are so cute and well done they must be loved by your mother. Hope your packing up goes well at the school. Stay safe

Sam I Am...... said...

We are so alike! I'm not happy unless I have a zillion projects on the go! Then I get overwhelmed and need to finish them all which I have not done yet! LOL!
I love the fact that you knit such a wonderful variety and also don't stick to the same colors all the time. Some podcasts knit the same color over and over and although they may love it....viewers get tired of it....especially if it's not THEIR favorite color! LOL! You make beautiful items and I always love your yarns! My daughter has the same thing going on. She's allowed so much time to go and pack up and clean up her rooms. She has multiple schools as she teaches art. Have a great week and enjoy those lovely castons!

Paula said...

I just signed up for six months of a Space Cadet club, so some dyeing must be going on.

Be back soon to watch another of your videos.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I love Snoopy and Woodstock, very cute and what a lovely Mother’s Day gift. As you seem to suffer from 2nd sock syndrome, with so many pairs awaiting their buddy, have you tried knitting two at a time. For me it makes both socks seem to knit up much faster. Sorry if I’ve already suggested this, but I noticed on your sock WIP vlog you had lot of 2nd socks to do. I’ll catch up on your latest vlog soon.