Sunday, September 19, 2021

 

Meandering Top on a road trip to Rhode Island

Wow!  So I haven't posted since January! I am so sorry.....I'm going to do a quick catch-up and I'll post.  Hopefully, I'll remember to post next week too.

So my spouse is doing well and is in school.  Three days a week she is near Boston, Mass.  She is training to be an electrologist.  There is a need for them in the trans community.

My health has been up and down this year.   #EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My cat just walked on the keyboard, she had something to say, I guess.

School started full in with everyone.  I've had 4 kids quarantine in the first 3 weeks.  Two because of travel...

I am taking a sweater class at one of my LYS's for the Ranuculus.  Had the first session yesterday.  I had a hell of a time with the cast-on and ended up with lots of extra stitches....Brought it home and restarted it...today finished the short rows and am ready for next Saturday...

My Radiate is about 70% done....almost finished with the body..

I met the designer Casapinka....and I only finished 1 of my 12 cast-ons...

Now to update the list...I did do one of Freshstitches patterns, that was on my 12 Cast-ons..I finished a couple of super old WIPs(one from 2006!) ......And there are things I finished that were not on my list....I didn't keep track really well this year....

Finished Objects 2021:
Laura's Fingerless Mitts (1/10/20-1/10/20)
12 Days of Christmas socks (12/25/20-7/11/21)
Round Ripple (2006-4/4/21)
Meandering Top (5/20/16 - 6/27/21)
Whammed Socks (Dec 7, 2019 - 2/7/21)
Me Too - (March 31, 2020 -4/18/21)
Wonder Woman Wrap (9/10/17-5/17/21)
Logan the Moose (12/31/20-1/24/21)
Mittens for Laura (1/1/21-1/24/21)
Freshstitches Stegosaurus (1/30/21-2/14/21) also a Yoda hat and mini-Yoda for a friend's three boys
Yoda socks (4/25/20-5/2/21)
Unicorn Socks (6/1/21-7/1/21)
Reindeer Kisses socks (11/11/20-7/6/21)
Sushi Amigurami 7/29/21
Cacti and Succelents Amigurami 7/31/21

Works In Progress: 

12 Cast-ons of 2021:
Boxy (December 27, 2020) Joji Locatelli
Selbu Mittens (December 27, 2020) Skeindeer Knits
Calleter Sweater Littletheroem - never cast on
Teddy Sweater Terri Kruse - almost done, had to go up a size
21 Color Slouch (December 28, 2020)- worked on, about 50%
Radiate Joji Locatelli (January 2, 2021) - I am now on section two and working with both colors. It's kind of addicting..
Dissent Pullover Andrea Rangel (January 3, 2020)
Venezia Shawl Joji Locatelli (December 31, 2020)
Crunching Leaves Cowl (December 26, 2020) Casapinka
Freshstitches Amiguram - did 1 pattern
Hatdana Denise Bayron - didn't even cast on


The 12 Cast-ons comes from Angela of YarnNYarns.   She cast on a project a day and works on it for that day. Then she puts it away to pull it out and work on throughout the year.  Pretty much all of my cast-ons are projects I have been wanting to start anyway, so I joined in this year...
.

WIPS: Crochet: May have looked at these once or twice

Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I'm not even sure where this is at the moment, with projects in two places.  I'll think on this.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this. Don't think this is at the Homestead, will have to check.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet
Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018) I love this, but the stitch just takes a Loooong time!

Knit - worked on Wee Cria, about 70% done

Boxy - 12/27/20
Foliole Hat - 11/3/20
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling, review these, maybe done for St, Patrick'S Day
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, frogged the mitered and changed the pattern (jan 12, 2020)
Wee Cria - 3/18/2020
On the Go-veralls - 

Socks:
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Games Socks- 2/15/18
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago) worked on these a bit
Blue Spruce Socks - April 1, 2020
Arne & Carlos - September 13, 2020 - have no idea what these are, oh I just remembered! Sock 1 almost done...
Shark Bite 7/11/21 - 1 sock done....

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..- worked on this a bit.....
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Knits4Comfort Advent Shawl 12/13/18
Zomboni - January 1, 2020 (restarted Jan 18)
Van Gogh - January 18
Christmas Leftie - 12/9/20
Baker Street Scarf - 12/25/20
Inauguration Celebration - 1/19/21

KAL/CALs: 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy
The Sharon Show - 8/7/20


6 comments:

Maureen D said...

Welcome back. WOW. I would not be able to tolerate casting on 12 projects and then working on them over the coming 12 months. I'm a monogamous knitter so having 12 projects sitting around would completely stress me out. But if it makes knitting fun for you, all to the good.

kathy b said...

We1come back! I want to see the BOXY pattern. I need pattern suggestions so your post is awesome for me today

Babajeza said...

Nice to read you. I remember Rhode Island. Sigh, I had a wonderful time there. Five? six? years ago? Life is so different now. I wonder whether I will travel again ...

All the best!

Regula

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Good to hear from you! I hope things continue to go well for you and your partner! Good job on the top...so pretty! Sounds like you've been finishing up some projects too. I think it must be Covid as it seems many of us are trying to scale down those WIPs! Please stay safe and healthy and happy and come back! Hugs ~ Sam

Cinna Knits said...

WOW, you have a lot of projects going!
Your tank is lovely, and looks perfect for a day by the ocean.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Hey welcome back glad to read an update as I have wondered if everything is going ok. Seems you have been busy though with lots done.