Friday, June 4, 2010

Coloring

When I was younger, I loved to color. I wish I had more time to allow my students to color, there is just too much to do......

Tonight I colored my hair. I have never had my hair professionally colored. My husband usually does it. He's not home tonight. I am meeting with some friends from high school tomorrow. I graduated high school in 1986. I love the 80's!!! Duran Duran! Paul Young! Swatch watches! High tops with several layered socks, leggings and lacy skirts - jelly shoes! Oh for a pair of jelly shoes! The Outsiders - The Brat Pack - The Breakfast Club!

I digress - anyway I don't want to meet them gray and fat - not much I can do about the fat - that will be a project this summer, but the gray - yes that I can fix! So I did it myself....

Can you see the color? It's there in the web of my hand. There was or became a hole in both gloves in the same spot...hmmm

I've also taken to coloring my nails again. I've also never had a professional manicure...I go through phases and won't do my nails for years - then BAM! Color - I'm going for the fun and funky now (kinda like the 80's) I've used the hot pink, the yellow and now the sparkly blue....Have to decide what color to use on the toes, probably more sedate, as I have ugly feet and don't like to draw attention to them...

Color is what first draws me to yarn too....Right now I am drawn to this icy blue color I keep seeing( like this hat). I'm not a fan of blue...hmmm....maybe it's all the boy babies being born.......

1 comment:

Where the nodding violets grow said...

Ahh yes Paul Young. He was lovely. And big hair. I love the nail varnish. I bet they will look wonderful. I was always a Spandau Ballet fan I'm afraid. Over here you were either SB or Duran Duran, there was definitely no liking both groups. Ridiculous really isn't it. And power dressing! Do you remember that?