Friday, October 12, 2012

I Love Yarn Day

As any reader of my blog knows...I really love yarn!  I will be surrounded with it this weekend....and I will be making purchases, especially since I can't craft for awhile!

What are some of your favorite yarns? Here are two of my favorite discontinued yarns!

This is Mission Falls Wool 1824....Mission Falls closed, but I absolutely love this yarn!  I buy it whenever I see it in a closeout sale and have quite a bit stashed, about 15 skeins!



Manos de Uruguay Cotton Stria, another discontinued yarn.  This is the softest cotton around!  About 43 skeins stashed....

And some Yarn Love shots...











Get the idea?


5 comments:

Handmade by Stefanie said...

I have yarn envy after reading this post!

Renee Anne said...

Mmmmmmm...yarn p0rn! I do love good yarn p0rn :)

Evelyn said...

You are a woman after my own heart! Love the pics and I, too, am a huge fan of the now discontinued Mission Falls. Sadly, I only have a few skeins stashed away but should I ever see any in sale bins, I'll snap them up. Feel better soon!

Kathryn said...

Mission Falls was one of my favorites too. I have some grey left but I'm loving that blue color you've got!! Terrific yarn photos to celebrate I Love Yarn Day!

For my part I've blogged about the day and am offering a 30% discount this weekend on my book Crochet Saved My Life which celebrates the health benefits of yarncrafting. http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2012/10/tomorrow-is-i-love-yarn-day/

Chelsea W said...

Beautiful yarn shots! *jealous*
:-)