Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blogging - Day 4


A New Skill

Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colourwork.


I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon reading others blogs, although I did not comment on any. Mainly because I only recognized a couple of knit designer's names. But I enjoyed reading about people's favorite designers or designs.

A New skill? There are many, obviously I've mentioned my desire to knit socks, which means I need to learn to knit....

But within my skill base of crochet, it would be Tunisian crochet:

From CrochetCabana:

"Tunisian Crochet
update ©2005 Sandra Petit, http://www.crochetcabana.com

This stitch goes by many names. It can be called Tunisian Crochet, Afghan Stitch, Tricot Crochet, Shepherd's Knitting, Hook Knitting, Railroad Knitting {Working Class girls in England waiting for the train to take them to the mills did Tunisian. I'm sure there are more that I haven't found. :-)"

Mainly because it just looks really neat and closer to knit than most other stitches.

I would also love to try Broomstick Lace, but I need a special tool and haven't found it around here. (I know I could get it online, but just haven't looked) It is just so beautiful, the pieces I've seen. But it also looks very fiddley and not sure I could handle that!

So those would be the two skills I would most like to learn in crochet......

Short and sweet today!







1 comment:

Allison said...

I've never tried Tunisian crochet or broomstick lace. But, my mom made wonderful afghans using Tunisian crochet. She also did broomstick lace but I can't recall the projects. She did say it easy!