Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father’s Day

Last year I wrote about the two men who have been fathers to me.  This year I’d like to honor my brother…

DSC02935

Here’s my little brother, Michael.  He is 20 months younger than me and we fought a lot as kids.  We also have spent a great deal of time together and are also pretty close….I think I am about 5 or 6 in this picture, so he is about 3 or 4.

DSC00313

Here he is again with my nephew about 12 years ago….

DSC02938

A favorite picture of  him and his two kids.

DSC02761

Resting in NYC, after working all night, he drove to NYC because that is where Kyle wanted to spend his 16th birthday.

DSC02781

Absolutely exhausted, waiting for hours at the Hard Rock Café to get in because that is where Kyle wanted to eat for his birthday….

And every time I hear this song, I think of my brother Michael…

Why?  Because it came on the radio when I was at his house and he picked up my niece Allison and started dancing around the kitchen with her and singing to her….

I’m proud of the father my brother has become….

No comments: