Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

Wow...been awhile since I did one of these.....and haven't blogged in over a week...part of the problem is finding the time to craft...and then blogging about it...taking pictures is an issue...by the time I get home it's dusk...

Today I stayed home, as I was sick last night and did not sleep...so I thought I'd craft today...nope..I slept, I read and I watched television..watched the movie Zero Dark Thirty....it was really good...

But I did finally finish The Book Thief....this book was weird for me....I didn't dislike it, but for some reason, I could put it down for weeks.....it was very good and I'm glad I stuck with it....

The other book I've been trying to read is Soulless, the first in The Parasol Protectorate...so many people raved about this....I just can't get into it........I read LOTS of historical romances....I'm gonna plug on to see if I'm missing something...but I just don't get the draw to it.....

I've made a couple of hats...and what I am working on now continues to be my Age of Brass and Steam...which came out an odd color in this picture...
It looks brownish...but it's greyish..and I have no idea why the picture is thin like that..scratches head..

I also picked up my Really Big Bag to finish...I want this for Rhinebeck....
I am on the strap...it's huge, but I'm felting it.....

Also Nerd Wars started today...I so need the distraction!!!!!!

Another headache is starting, so gonna sign off....hopefully the links will be up in the morning before I leave...

Well Tami's is up...Tami

6 comments:

Winnie said...

Lovely pieces! I am loving the bag. Are you adding anything extra to the straps to make more sturdy? I have never crocheted a bag before, but I have a few patterns downloaded for that one day.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

FiberJewels said...

Welcome back!

I find it hard going back to school and fitting it all in!

You'll get it!

Unknown said...

ooo I love the colour palette for the bag, gorgeous :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That bag is gonna be awesome felted. I hope you'll post before and after pics. I totally love felted stuff but I'm terrified by the lack of predictability in the process :)

terra said...

I wish you all the best and hope you get well soon. I love the view of your big bag! The yarn is so colourful and seems soooo cosy. Have a good week!

Spinster Beth said...

I was thinking "My what a HUGE bag." Then I saw you were felting it. Phew!