Saturday, September 6, 2014

Another Stash Saturday

It has been miserably humid here all week...my classroom does not have a/c and also faces the east...which means I have the sun all day pretty much...in the winter that's nice...in the not-winter, it makes for miserable days.....so today I have holed up in my bedroom, the only room where we have a/c and watched lots of television...and I just downloaded the second book in The Maze Runner series...I finished the first one early this morning....and I just uploaded all my new stash to Ravelry...so here goes...

There is a local yarn shop that is closing...so I took a trip last Saturday...her first store was where I went when I first started crocheting again...this is her second store in at least her fifth location....I did pick up some Alchemy Yarns of Transformation...3 skeins of Sanctuary in Hidden Place
I also bought some yarn for a swap, not sure if I'm gifting it or using it yet...

Then on the way home, I stopped at another store, since I was in the area...I hadn't been since when they first opened...I'll be doing an updated blog post on the store...I bought some of their store yarn..Yarns to Inspire...I adored the color, so bought two skeins in worsted for a hat..and another skein in a fingering for a shawl/scarf..I'm gonna stripe it with the yellow...

Then in Sunday, after the Hubs was discharged from the hospital, we took a drive to our favorite seafood shack in Mystic, Ct...and took a detour to MadWool in Madison...I'd seen a yarn on her Facebook feed I wanted....
Zauberball in green stripes, had to...
For a baby...Kimberly Skye...
Firefly...of course...from Wild Hare Fiber Studio
Specialty Art yarn...love it!

And I received two yarn clubs
Mad Color in Slink, color of O, Willow, Willow, Willow
I recently bought this dress...I think I need to make something for this dress
And Nerd Girl did a tribute to Robin Williams , this is inspired by Hook
Bangarang!

And that brings us to the close of another Stash Saturday...or really...where do I put it all?

5 comments:

Holly said...

You should probably take a pic of your yarn stash just to show us how big it really is! Love the specialty art yarn, what will you do with it?

Gracey is not my name.... said...

It's a mess, but takes up the majority of my spare room, plus some tubs in the basement and about 1/4 of a storage locker...the stuff in the basement and in storage is all big box yarn...and I give yarn away pretty regularly too....the Hubs calls it my retirement fund...as when I retire, I may not have the money for yarns..

Babajeza said...

There is a yarn store in Mystic. :-)

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Yes, I know, but prefer the one in Madison....

Quazar said...

Oohhh, look at all the pretty! That Bangorang is the bomb, hook is one of my favorite movies.