Friday, September 5, 2014

Finished Friday

Well hello there!  It's been a couple of weeks.  I've read a few blogs, but have not been posting or commenting.  My husband got sick and was in the hospital for two weeks. He just got out this past Sunday.  And the school year started, I started last week and the students started this Tuesday...let's just say I have an exhausting class....last night was the latest I stayed up..and it was barely 9:00.

But I have acquired some yarn in this time and finished a few things and started a few things....so...

Ta-DAH....my Rainbow Wings!!!!  It is too hot to wear it yet..but I am so in love!

It's brighter than the picture shows.
Yarn:  Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sock Stripe in Rainbow (almost 2 skeins)
Pattern: Wingspan
Modifications:  I made it larger with 10 wedges, instead of 8

And I whipped up a quick cowl for a swap partner.  I started on fingerless gloves, but they were coming our way too big..and I ran out of time...
Yarn:Louisa Harding Hulda (almost 3 balls)
Pattern:  my own

I hope you all have been doing well......and I hope to get back here more regularly....

Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday.  Looks like Tammy does not have her post up yet..

10 comments:

Barbara at Knitting | Work in Progress said...

Your vibrant shawl will be the perfect fall accessory. Lovely!

Cathy Johnson said...

Love your Wingspan, it's beautiful :)

Nancy McCarroll said...

Love the vibrant colors in your wingspan. I did the wingspan once but do not have it now. You may just have inspired me to do another in similar colors as the prior one was a bit drab.

Alicia said...

I hope your husband is doing better!

faith76 said...

Loving the Rainbow Wings, it looks very cheary for when the colder weather arrives.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I am so sorry your husband has been ill :( send him my best wishes. Having a tiring class is awful. I actually had assumed that was the reason for your absence. Your rainbow wings worked out beautifully! I think I must try that out!

Unknown said...

love the rainbow wings!! Totally beautiful!

WonderWhyGal said...

Love the rainbow wings. I understand being busy.

Paula said...

That Rainbow Wings looks like it was fun to do. Great colors. I hope your husband is recovering well.

Babajeza said...

Wingspan is a lovely pattern, istn't it? Your shwal turned out great. So hopefully you can wear it soon. :-)