Sunday, September 15, 2019

Year of Projects: Week 37

Good morning!  I am here again...and I crafted this week!  Nothing finished, but picked up some languishing projects....

My view form the Yarn Loft this morning.   I wrote about the Yarn Loft earlier this week, if you'd like to take a peek.

So I have been working on my Zombody's Eating Candy Corn socks...the yarn is from Desert Vista Dyeworks...I love her Zombie series and need to order more....
The bag is an Otterly Adorable bag...it has orange with black polka dots inside.  Love it!

I pulled out my Brainzzzz hat to work on.  I never started a Ravelry project page for it....I was bad about that last year, but again..lots of stuff going on.....I have a small blue marker at where I was on the i-cord brains...oh I've never done I-cord before this!   This is the pattern I used....I need 20-24 FEET of I-Cord!!!!! I have no idea how much I have, but not nearly enough!

The bag is a Jessalu bag.....

I added six stripes on my Throwback Poncho.....and again I don't have a project page!  I am using Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted for it.  This is the pattern I am using  I'm hoping this will be finished by Rhinebeck...but I wanted an orange stripe and my LYS did not have orange, so I ordered and orange and a fuchsia from Webs...it'll be here this week....It's very a very easy watching tv project...

So that is all for me this week.....I'm going to have to go back through my social media to see if I can figure out when I started these projects and  make a Ravelry page....Oh, the poncho is on my list!  The Brainzzzz hat I know I started in October of last year....just added it to the list...

2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19
Lucy's Zebra 7/5-7/6/19
Black Widow Shawl 5/5/19-7/12/19
Lucy's Elephant Reserve 7/24/18-8/2/19
Shark Socks 7/28/19-8/12/19 
Swedish Block 8/20/19 - 8/24/19
Garter stitch block 8/24/19
Samples 8/28/19 finished

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18
Brainzzz - 10/1/18 
Mixed Pompom Hat: 7/27/19

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...

Candy Cane June 21, 2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Merry Xmas - Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19, frogged 7/21/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Will you be adding fringe to your poncho or not? That will be perfect for Rhinebeck. Love the colors you have chosen too. I have seen the brain hat done before and it is fascinating. I am sure you will receive many comments on it once completed and worn. Those socks are a grand color as well. I love your project bags too. Have a great week.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Wow that’s a long Icord, I suppose you get in a rhythm, I’ve only done 4” at a time. Now you have your crafting loft it sounds like things are going to really start coming together. I only found out what candy corns were a few weeks ago when talking with my niece. The socks match the picture I was shown 😁

Breathing Life said...

I love the candy corn socks. Perfect name for that colour way for sure and very Halloweeny!

Becki said...

I look forward to seeing your finished Brainzzz hat. I think that is such a fun project. Your I-cord looks beautifully knit.

Paula said...

Your yarn loft sounds like an excellent place for all of your yarn goodies.

In my opinion, anyone who knits over 20 feet of icord gets to indulge in any new yarn they want, no project or any other reason required.