Sunday, September 22, 2019

Year of Projects: Week 38

Good morning!   How was your week?  Being back at school, I'm so exhausted when I get home, that I pretty much eat and go to bed.  I'm in bed by 8 o'clock, 9 at the very latest.

This year with my class being so low academically, I have to figure out new ways to reach them...so later today I will be planning for several hours....

But, yesterday I went on a yarn crawl.  We actually have quite a few yarn crawls in my area.  This one is the Western Connecticut Yarn Council Yarn Crawl.   A couple weeks back I hit up the Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl, made it to (I think) 5 stores out of 15....

Yesterday we did 5 stores too...I had done a 6th store after school on Friday, but there are 7 stores, so I don't get to put in for the grand prize.  I'm not going back out today to the last store, plus I was just there for the Hudson Valley one....I did not take any pictures, so not like me!

But the big thing in almost all the stores was Noro Ito yarn. I guess they've repackaged it...
I put my hand in for a comparison.  It is 400 m or 437 yards,  I'm going to make an asymmetrical wrap from their magazine.  It's called the Chevron Wrap, but doesn't seem to be on Ravelry. It was a store sample.....store samples help sell yarn!

So what about my projects?  Well I got my Lamb's Pride from WEBS and added some more stripes.

So I added from the orange stripe down last night.  Four full stripes and I started on the red, but had to go to sleep....I have one more bright green and then I'm starting the sequence over again...The pattern only has one sequence, but I want it longer, so going to do another sequence.  My husband says it looks like a sombrero.  LOL

And some more rows on my socks.  That's about it.....

2019 Finishes!!!!!
Muertos: 8/13/17-1/19/19
Who Socks: 10/7/18-1/22/19 (the Who socks were never on my list)
My Shelly Valentine: 2/10/16-2/9/19 (almost three years exactly!!!)
Alpaca Fun: 2/24/19-3/3/19
Green is the Best: 12/23/18-3/10/19
Willow Fields: 9/6.14-3/16/19
Lucy's Zebra 7/5-7/6/19
Black Widow Shawl 5/5/19-7/12/19
Lucy's Elephant Reserve 7/24/18-8/2/19
Shark Socks 7/28/19-8/12/19 
Swedish Block 8/20/19 - 8/24/19
Garter stitch block 8/24/19
Samples 8/28/19 finished

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17 - would like to finish for the fall

Venetian Cowl (July 1, 2018)

Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Took it out, at the separation of arms, looks really big!
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket
Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Beekeeper Cardigan - 7/1/18
Brainzzz - 10/1/18 
Mixed Pompom Hat: 7/27/19

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...

Candy Cane June 21, 
2017Games Socks- 2/15/18
Cloudy Rainbows - 5/11/18 

Sunny Skies - 5/12/18
Merry Xmas - Box O'Chocolates: 2/9/19, frogged 7/21/19
Snow Day: 3/4/19
Merfolk: 7/25/19
Monster Mash: 8/16/19 (cuff started awhile ago)

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy



11 comments:

HighlandHeffalump said...

The yarn crawl sounds interesting. We only have 1 yarn shop in about 80 mile radius, that would be great to have enough to go around in a weekend.

Mereknits said...

That Noro yarn is beautiful. So glad you enjoyed the yarn crawl. Rest up for your school week!

Babajeza said...

Same here. :-) All the best. Regula

Leftycrafter said...

That Noro is a HUGE skein of yarn. It will make a lovely neck wrap for you. Your project with the Lambs Pride wool is certainly coming along quite nicely. I really like the colors you have chosen for it.

Sounds like you have quite a teaching challenge this year. Hopefully your students will be able to achieve the goals you have set for them.

Breathing Life said...

I am sure all your extra prep will benefit the students in your classroom. What fun that yarn crawl sounds like. That is one huge ball of Noro. Good score!

Lucy Bowen said...

I hear you about the hours - luckily for me this week shouldn't be too intense, but I shall probably still be ready for bed by the time I get home! I love your socks and the yarn crawl sounds a great way to unwind.

Zana said...

Like the idea of a yarn crawl, I have to travel 2 hours to get to my nearest store! That Noro looks sumptuous.

Sam I Am...... said...

You have the same sleep schedule as me! LOL! I love Noro yarn...I made that banner of fall leaves a few years back out of Noro Kureyon and the color changes were perfect for fall leaves. I should get some more of their yarn. I didn't know they had a magazine. I can't wait to see your project with that huge skein of Noro! Is that a shawl or a poncho with the granny square stitches on the bottom....so pretty! I love the socks and the yarn you're using too. I love yellow and anything that goes with it. Those are going to be really sharp looking. A yarn crawl? I would have to drive hundreds of miles just to get to 1 shop much less 6 or 7! LOL! Lucky you! Have a good week and continue to get your rest.

Renee Anne said...

I'm trying to get back into some sort of groove again. It's not working. ::sigh:: It doesn't help that it feels like we're having an Indian Summer here....but this is just when the summer temperatures seem to happen here. September is just warm...like our air conditioners are running because it was 95F today.

September is usually my "get into fall" month and it just hasn't happened since moving to California. October maybe...

Becki said...

That's a big skein/ball of Noro! What lovely colors in it. :)

Paula said...

Noro, so yummy. Have fun with it!